-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 8/29/99 10:19:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> There's been a bit of other research in the ensuing 46 years.  Ilya
>  Prigogine [Nobel in Chemistry, 1976] showed the self-organization
>  of organic chemicals.  Biological chemicals commonly derive from
>  nonbiological sources: http://www.naturalgas.com/consumer/origins.html
>  A German team recently reported having synthesized self-replicating
>  entities - life, in other words.  But don't believe me - do some
>  web searches on ABIOGENESIS and BIOGENESIS, see what pops up.  Or
>  see the links here: http://sln.fi.edu/qa97/biology/biopoint2.html
>
>  Meanwhile I notice that nobody here has ventured to answer any of
>  the questions I posed re: deities and creation.  That's probably
>  because it's not possible to rationally support deistic creation.
>  It's obvious - saying "god(s) did it" means "I don't/can't know."

You are correct, in that rational support of Deities is not possible.  You
make a fallacy of assumption, in that you assume that for one to be against
the dogmatism of scientific materialism, and the entrenchment of Darwinianism
is to be in favor of Creationism in any form.  That is not so, and in so
defending your position you merely point out the flaws in the other
("scientific" Creationism).  I submit that there is ample evidence,
observable and testable of evolution within species, but scant evidence or
proof of MACRO-evolution, though I don't necessarily discount the
possibiblity.  It is erroneous to state that such is knowable and testable
when it is in fact not.  Furthermore, as I have already stated self
replicating chemical compounds is not life, and life from nonliving matter
has never been accomplished by man, nor has it ever been observed.  Further
some of the experiments which produce organic molecules, and nucleic acids
make assumptions about the early condition of the earth which are in fact not
established, theus they are flawed to some degree at least.  We are removed
from the point at which such events took place and because of that will never
be able to, with any degree of accuracy or certainty, reproduce the exact
mechanism by which such occurred, if it occurred at all.  You fallaciously
contend, like God yourself that all is and you must accept it as such, I
guess I am in the role of the devil then to say that you are wrong in that
you do not know it all, and have never observed life from nonlife, and have
never seen MACRO evolution in action, nor separate species evolve from
another.  Your claims may indeed prove to be correct but until that day you
merely postulate theory and nothing more, since it is not proved.  Why is it
so egregious to you that others should contend different theories of origins?
 I am human enough to admit that I simply do not know for sure how things
came about and will listen to all sides of a debate before making a decision.