-Caveat Lector-

The International Coalition For Drug Awareness
http://www.drugawareness.org/

WARNING: Withdrawal can often be more dangerous than continuing on a
medication. Please click here before proceeding!
For Art Bell Show Listeners:  Dr. Tracy to appear on The Art Bell Show,
Saturday Night/Sunday Morning, 11pm to 3am PDT, September 4th/5th.
Dr. Ann Tracy, the Executive Director of the ICFDA, will again be
interviewed on the Art Bell Program Saturday Night/Sunday Morning September
4/5, 1999.  If you miss this show, and want to hear it, and if your computer
is equipped for audio and has the Real Player software installed, you can
access the file on the Art Bell site, or click here for list of
participating radio stations.

Link to order Dr. Tracy's book and tape. For a listing of other appearances,
please check Ann's site at http://members.aol.com/atracyphd/appear.htm.

News:  For information about the Columbine shootings in Colorado, click
here.

For the latest information about the Forsyth "Prozac" trial in Hawaii, click
here.

For stories and releases regarding recent studies or other legal actions,
click here.
 The International Coalition for Drug Awareness
 Did you know...  . . you have a seven times greater chance of dying walking
into your doctor's office than you do getting behind the wheel of your car?
Prescription drug adverse reactions are the third leading cause of death in
America!
   Every year approximately 200,000 die from prescription drug reactions and
another 80,000 die from medical malpractice, while 41,000 die in auto
accidents. [DRUG TOPICS, October 23, 1995, pg. 14-16.] What is wrong with
our focus on the "drug war" when 200,000 die each year from prescription
drugs, yet approximately only 20,000 die as a result of illegal drug use?
 Billions of dollars go into illegal drug issues in this country every year
even though far more are dying from legal drugs. Everyone is asking, "Where
is the FDA?" Busy approving another new drug? And how many more will die
from that one?

Morton Mintz, a former Washington Post reporter, and a Nieman Fellow who won
the Raymond Clapper award for reporting the thalidomide tragedy published a
book in 1965 entitled, THE THERAPEUTIC NIGHTMARE. His warnings heeded then,
and the warnings coming from many other men of great integrity since then,
could have spared us the agony we have experienced from the drug tragedies
since that time and those we are engulfed in today. He begins with, "Here we
shall see that there have been instances when our excessive trust in certain
Corporate Consciences has been rewarded with inadequately and even
fraudulently tested drugs, with useless drugs and inferior versions of good
drugs, with protraction of illness, and with waste of our money. In order
that sales may begin and continue, regardless of whether we are healed and
spared pain, evidence of serious and even lethal effects has been withheld
from the responsible government agency and concealed from the medical
profession and the public." (p.xiv)

We wish to honor him here (and those who have followed in his footsteps) in
their unending efforts to warn us of these serious problems associated with
the drugs we have come to learn to blindly trust. This site is to assist us
in making sure that trust is no longer a "blind" trust. We must take the
responsibility to educate ourselves about what we are putting into our
bodies and brains.

 Some of the most popular drugs on the market today are those that increase
serotonin levels like the diet pills that were just pulled from the market.
Originally Phen-Fen & Redux were thought to be so safe that 18 million
people took the drugs. Now we know that they were so dangerous that those
who took even one pill have been advised to have their hearts checked. If
these drugs could be among the most popular on the market and touted as "the
thing" for weight management for a two year period, leaving a backlash of
victims that attorney's offices cannot even begin to handle, what other
mistakes will we wake up to tomorrow? What are you taking right now that
could be just as dangerous or as damaging as these diet pills? What do you
know about the medication you are currently taking? What do you know about
the dangers of taking the drugs you are taking in combination with one
another? Even more frightening to ask is "What does your doctor know or not
know about the answers to these questions?"
 Drugs like Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Luvox, Effexor, Serzone, Anafranil, etc.
are some of the biggest money makers ever for the pharmaceutical companies.
Yet are you aware that the use of Prozac among children from ages 6-12 went
from 41,000 in 1995 to 203,000 in 1996. The number of new prescriptions
written increased almost 400% in just one year?!! This is a very powerful
mind-altering drug that has not been approved for use in children and yet
our children are popping it like candy! Just Prozac's affect upon cortisol
levels alone should frighten parents to death. One 30mg dose has been shown
to clearly double the level of cortisol! (PROZAC PANACEA OR PANDORA?, p.
168) Increased cortisol impairs the development and regeneration of the
liver, kidneys and muscles. It also retards linear growth. How many parents
are given that information? How many doctors are aware of it themselves? The
study being used to gain FDA approval of this medication demonstrates that
the rate of mania (a terrible form of insanity including symptoms of sexual
compulsions, criminal behavior, alcohol cravings, rages leading to domestic
violence, delusions of grandeur - often mistaken for increased self
confidence, wild spending and varied types of criminal behavior) among
children taking Prozac in the study was three times higher than it is for
adults - three out of 100 had to drop out of the study due to this
devastating complication which developed within a short eight week trial!
The most logical question to ask is, "Why do this to our children when there
are many safer natural options that work as well without serious side
effects?"
To learn more about a specific class of drug... click here:
Anti-Depressants (SSRI's)
Diet and Weight Loss

----

To report an adverse reaction to the FDA... Click here for instructions.

----

To Schedule an Appearance or Interview with AN ICFDA representative:  Please
contact Kristin Verhagen at 831-429-6738, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  The International Coalition for Drug Awareness is a non-profit group
organized, funded and maintained by concerned citizens. You are invited to
share your adverse reactions to various prescription medications with us -
those medications you once thought were "safe and effective" before your own
experience proved otherwise. Please use this site and links to gather
information about what we have found through our own experiences and through
reports made to the FDA to be dangerous prescription medications. We would
hope that this would assist you in learning from the experiences of others
so that you too do not suffer these tragic consequences. This information is
educational. We do not practice medicine.

Subscribe to Intern'tl Coalition for Drug Awareness
Enter your e-mail address:

Bard