-Caveat Lector-

Howdy Plunker, Barry:

I am responding to your below letter emailed to me on 7Sept hoping you get
this before traveling to Portland, Oregon, for your September 15th
appearance at the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals hearing on your two year
legal action against the US Forest Service to stop their illegal and
unconstitutional interference with the Rainbow Gatherings.

I hope your and others' efforts will avert the growing potential for a "Waco
type law
enforcement action" at any upcoming gatherings "of the people, by the
people, and for the people".   In case this email may be too late to reach
you in time I am copying it to others one of whom may be able to get it to
you.

I will be meditating on your work there as I prepare for my talks here
about the Capital Hills Research Center proposal on September 16th
http://www.angelfire.com/on/GEAR2000/chrc.html

The reason why I want you to have this response to take to share with the
folks on occasion of your court appearance is so you can clearly let them
know that the people are tired of such US government oppression all over the
world and we are going to do something about it this time in an effective
and nonviolent way by conducting the Global Peace Walk2000 from San
Francisco (January 15th) to Washington DC and the United Nations next year
to redress these grievances and to remedy them by demanding remedial
measures from every politician who wants to get elected next November by
gathering perhaps more than a million people together around the Washington
Monument on Comumbus Day, October 12, 2000, to dedicate it as a Peace Pole
(symbol of the message of peace) and offering a Global Peace Platform with a
great cry together to the heavens for "Global Peace Now!".
http://www.globalpeacenow.org

When people ask you who are the leaders of the Rainbow Family Global Peace
and Prayer Gatherings held July 4th each year to manifest one global family
of humankind living in peace and prosperity, perhaps you could consider the
answer offered by one of the coordinators of The Long Walk for Survival in
1980 to the swat team that came to their camp looking for Dennis Banks, "the
survivor is the leader".

One of the most amazing realizations about The Gatherings I have had since
attending my first one in New Mexico in 1977 is that they seem in fact to be
lead and guided by the spirit of love itself which many folks call God in
various names and forms.  Why else would so many hard working people go to
so much trouble and effort behind the scenes for no pay or recognition to
work all year from year to year to produce and staff a free gathering to
host the great unwashed of America? (in addition of course to the cool and
the hip and the fortunate who attend)   Truly if Jesus Christ were to return
and see a Rainbow Gathering, He would certainly say that at least some folks
understood what he was really talking about!

Aside from the comments on your letter/report interspersed below, what I
wanted to point out is that it is this same spirit which has initiated this
Global Peace Walk2000 for next year coming as a result of the call for such
a great first transcontinental peace march of the new millenium issue to the
International Nuclear Aboliton2000 Coalition by our dear Rainbow brother
Thomas (a legal liaison in Washington DC) of Proposition One
http://www.prop1.org , which now has a bill in Congress for everyone's
support to globally abolish nuclear weapons and instead fund human needs,
and this call has been taken up by another dear brother Rev. Yamato, who
first brought the Peace Pole Ceremony to the Rainbow Gatherings in 1978, to
continue the Global Peace Walk project he initiated with the walk from New
York to San Francisco in 1995 to bring out the prayer for "Global Peace
Now!" as a universal human resolve and to foster a worldwide Global Peace
Zone2000 for which we have already received numerous letters and
proclamations of support from community, religious, cultural and political
leaders including various city mayors most recently the Mayor of Rome, NY,
who presented his municipal Global Peace Zone proclamation to Rev. Yamato on
stage at the Woodstock '99 concert.
http://www.angelfire.com/on/GEAR2000/woodstock.html

As you know, it is not only the Rainbow Family Gatherings which are "under
siege" by the Federal Government, but also the sick and dying patients who
are restricted use of medical marijuana recently recognized as legitimate
medicine by the same government's Institute of Medicine, the black
populations of US inner cities who have been victimized and imprisoned as
targets of the drug war by the
police/military/industial/media/corporate/prison industial complex even with
the complicity of its own CIA as acknowledged by the CIA Inspector General's
report still being kept from public view by a Congressional committee barely
kept active by a small but growing public awareness http://www.copvcia.com ,
and most blatently of all the ongoing centuries of genocidal US policy
towards the indigenous peoples exemplified by the extreme poverty of the
Dakota peoples and the Dineh people around the Big Mountain area of Arizona
who are facing next February's deadline of forceable relocation for
corporations access of coal and uranium when the walk comes through their
area.   Reports from some of our people who took part in this summer's
Sundance Ceremonies indicate that the government is moving once again
towards outlawing this sacred ceremony, arresting attendees/participants
even this year, as it was for almost 90 years until The Longest Walk in 1978
stopped 15 different "anti-Indian" bills in Congress and brought about the
American Indian Religious Freedom Act to relegalize the Sundance which has
grown so large in its practices as to now be perceived as a threat to the US
government analogous to the perceived threat to the Communist Chinese
Government for which the members of the Falun Gong spiritual movement are
now being jailed there.  That case is directly analogous to the US
oppression of the indigenous and Rainbow peoples and their cultures of peace
here in America.  Must we actually petition for an American People's
Religious Freedom Act?  Shouldn't the US Constitution already guarantee
religious freedom?  This is what you will be finding out with your court
case.   This is really why it is so important for everyone to support you
and others in this matter.

These are only some of the reasons why it is time to stand up and walk again
for peace and to carry our grievances and prayers to the nation's capitol
and to the "capitol" of the United Nations and proclaim that the governments
correct their ways before the people break faith with the myth of the
sovereign power of the state and reclaim their personal sovereignty ceded to
the state by agreement before and taken away by coersion and force today.