-Caveat Lector-

On 10 Sep 99, , Das wrote:

>  -Caveat Lector-
>
> 1 Dead, 500 Sick in E.coli Outbreak
>
> By JESSE J. HOLLAND
> .c The Associated Press
>

> ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - Nearly 500 people have been sickened and one child died
> in the largest E. coli outbreak in state history - and possibly one of the
> worst nationally - health officials said Thursday.
>
> The outbreak of the deadly bacteria at the Washington County Fair, about 35
> miles north of Albany, was likely caused by the contamination of the fair's
> water.

This is my neighborhood. Fortunately, I didn't go to the fair, but was planning to go
to a
wonderful Arts and Crafts Fair that is held on the fairgrounds annually and was
scheduled for this weekend. That's been cancelled or moved to another location.

Seems to me the "secondary infection" is rather new, that the bacteria can be
transferred from one person to another by touch, not by eating something???

sno0wl