-Caveat Lector-

On 16 Sep 99, , Sean wrote:

> Here's Ted Koppel, the
> night of September l, discussing the siezure by federal marshals of tapes
> of FBI hostage "negotiators", discussing the use of pyrotechnic grenades
> the morning of the Waco raid: "... the credibility of the FBI, which
> probably did tell the truth about most of what happened, that credibility
> is badly damaged, while the credibility of conspiracy theorists, who tend
> to be wrong about most of what they've spun together about Waco, their
> credibility is newly enhanced. It is on these two fronts that the greatest
> damage has been done."

It's so absolutely creepy--this business you pinpoint here. There's a part of me that
wants to believe that our media and journalists are good guys, out there going after
the
truth....not merely government stooges corrupted by the bucks. Which they clearly are.

Also, of course, if you do watch the news, you are made aware that you live in a
totally
schizophrenic reality--split between what the media tells you and what is really going
on...even if the "truth" may sometimes be somewhere inbetween.

The scariest thing about Hurricane Floyd is the massive evacuation. And the way it
was going, it looked like the mass of those folks in cars could get caught on the road
by the storm....not exactly a very safe place to be. I mean, all those folks from
Florida
headed North toward the Carolinas where the brunt of the storm was going to hit?????

This newest mad shooter in a Baptist church--if it is not a "lone nut gunman"--seems
calculated to make people fearful of any type of congregation....in school, in church,
in
day camp, at the mall, at the supermarket, on the freeway--you name it. Going out of
your house can get you killed...Being with other people in any sort of group situation
will more and more be experienced as a threat. And many will become more and more
isolated thanks to fear. A nation of agoraphobics?????

I wonder what the majority of the US population thinks about the news media? After
all, the GOP and moneyed elite who is paying for and  creating this dog and pony
show is a very small percent of the total population. It would be interesting to think
that
we are a nation of "conspiracy nuts."

sno0wl