-Caveat Lector-

www.newaus.com.au

> [...]
> will be followed by droughts as the rivers suffer reduced flows, turning these
> fertile basins into arid land. Nobody ever said the modellers were not creative.
>

> And the U.S.A.? If you are American, ask yourself what climate catastrophe you
> dread the most, and sure enough, that is exactly the one which the Industry has
> in store for you. Bigger and deadlier tornadoes for you mid-westerners, bigger
> and deadlier hurricanes for you coastal dwellers, bigger floods for you farmers
> in the Mississippi/Missouri basins, even (God forbid) grey skies for the genteel
> folk of Los Angeles.
>
> And what of the British, whose climate gurus are more responsible than anyone
> for this hysteria? The British climate is so miserable, that any change must be
> for the better. But even here, the British psyche works against them as they are
> forever talking about the weather. And the modellers have now given them plenty
> to talk about — and thus plenty to fret about.
>
> The customised disaster scenarios do not just stop with changes to local
> climates. There are also those dreaded `impacts', so beloved of the fringe
> elements of the Greenhouse Industry. For example, tropical diseases like Malaria
> have scourged millions of people since the dawn of time. With warming, will
> these diseases spread beyond the tropics? Yes, say the doomsayers. What of
> deserts? They will expand of course. Of course. Quite how diseases from the wet
> tropics can be expected to spread into the drying climates of expanding deserts
> is not explained. But then, consistency was never one of the Industry's strong
> points.
>
> There is however one shining bright spot with carbon dioxide (CO2), the trace
> gas at the centre of the whole scare. CO2 is a natural fertilizer to all plants,
> and its enhancement in the atmosphere will inevitably lead to greater biological
> productivity throughout the biological world. That's a hard one for the Industry
> spin doctors to contradict, but be assured they are working on it. The last
> thing they want is for a benefit, any benefit, to be seen to flow from CO2
> enhancement of the atmosphere.
>
> In summary, the Greenhouse industry has taken the climatic and related anxieties
> of every significant society in the world and structured the warming theory to
> deliver to each what they fear the most. Wherever you live, ask yourself what
> worries you most about the impact of climate and/or climate change on your life,
> and likely as not, that is exactly what the Greenhouse industry has painted for
> you.
>
> Once you have been scared enough, the magic snake-oil cure is at hand — by
> embracing Kyoto and the economic decline which would follow in its wake. Then we
> can all walk with shining eyes into the sunset of our liberty, entering the
> brave new world of Green bureaucratic control of every aspect of our personal

Excerpts from the same source, different pages:

> Climate-change: bring on
> the Geoscientists, Part 1
>

> By *Bob Foster
> No. 133,   13-19 September 1999
>
> Our climate is a series of nested cycles, ranging from the Glacial/Interglacial
> at 100,000-year periodicity down to El Nino warm events with irregular
> occurrence at intervals of less than a decade. A feature of many such
> fluctuations, at least in the regions of their greatest influence, is the often
> abrupt change between climate states. Although much is still unknown about the
> ultimate cause of such variations, at the scale of millennia and centuries
> climate is driven by ice, oceans and atmosphere acting in concert, and not by
> the atmosphere alone.

And:

> Climate-change: bring on
> the Geoscientists, Part 2
>

> By *Bob Foster
> No. 134,   20-26 September 1999
>
> A look at the near term
>
> A reasonably-comprehensive system of climate-related surface observation has
> been in place, at least on land in the Northern Hemisphere, since the middle of
> the 19th century. It was only in the late 1950s that comprehensive temperature
> measurements in the atmosphere began, using thermometers borne on weather
> balloons. Even here, both coverage and frequency were biased toward the land
> areas of the Northern Hemisphere.

A<>E<>R
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The only real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking
new landscapes but in having new eyes. -Marcel Proust
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said
it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your
own reason and your common sense." --Buddha
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
A merely fallen enemy may rise again, but the reconciled
one is truly vanquished. -Johann Christoph Schiller,
                                       German Writer (1759-1805)
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
It is preoccupation with possessions, more than anything else, that
prevents us from living freely and nobly. -Bertrand Russell
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
"Everyone has the right...to seek, receive and impart
information and ideas through any media and regardless
of frontiers."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will
teach you to keep your mouth shut."
--- Ernest Hemingway
Forwarded as information only; no endorsement to be presumed
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107, this material
for non-profit research and educational purposes only.