-Caveat Lector-

There was a man named Koresh who bought some land around Ft
Myers in the early part of this century....1920's or so I
think....maybe earlier...he was way ahead of his time as
concerns communion with the environment, brilliant I am
told, but he required celibacy of his acolytes though he did
not practice it himself.  This always foments (?) revolt,
and he is the only person in Floridas history to be stoned
to death.  He was giving a speech and he was killed by his
flock.  The state eventually gained the land through
taxation and converted it into a state park, Koreshian State
Park.  Imagine my surprise....I didn't hear about this
Koresh until after Waco and have only been able to piece
together a few things.