-Caveat Lector-

>From the NY Post, http://www.nypost.com/commentary/14277.htm
-
CLINTON'S BIGGEST CRIME

 By STEVE DUNLEAVY
----

 IT WON'T be hard to find Bill Clinton in New York today - just follow the
traffic jams that his visits always produce.

But don't look for his conscience. For the past 14 years, you wouldn't have
been able to find it with AWAC radar and search parties.

I am not talking about the scandals of lying to judges and juries, or
low-jinks in high places, or Whitewater or Travelgate or Filegate.

It has to do with a man called Wayne Dumond, over whose case I have agonized
for long more than a decade.

Dumond, now 52, was given conditional parole yesterday in Arkansas after
having being sentenced to 50 years in jail for the rape of Clinton's cousin.

That rape never happened.

Is that just me saying so?

No way.

Some others who say so are:

*The judge who sentenced Dumond under court guidelines to 50 years. In fact,
the judge later quit the bench to become Dumond's lawyer to prove his
innocence.

*Dr. Moses Schanfield, who headed the Genetic Testing Center in Denver and
did sperm tests on the so-called victim's jeans. "No way, zip, nada. No way
Dumond was the donor of that sperm. It couldn't have happened in a million
years." Schanfield was one of the experts sent to Bosnia to identify mystery
graves.

*Fred Odam, a retired Arkansas state police captain. He immersed himself in
the case. He told me: "In all my time, this is the one case when I know a
man is not guilty."

*Veteran journalist Gene Wirges, 72, who now publishes the "Common Sense
American" and has battled this travesty from Day One: "Very few people
thought Wayne was guilty, but a lot thought the Clinton kin and clan had to
have revenge ... against anyone - and Bill went along with the program."

Despite the fact the Clinton cousin - whom I will not name, although The
Associated Press has - failed to identify Dumond in two lineups, he was
convicted.

Despite the fact that she identified two other suspects, one an
ex-boyfriend, Dumond was convicted

Dumond will finally get out after nearly 14 years.

Before Dumond turned himself in for his 50-year sentence, while awaiting
surrender, something terrible happened.

Two masked men burst into his house with a scalpel and surgical gloves and
castrated him. You heard it right.

The former Vietnam veteran and father of six was found hog-tied from a
rafter by two of his schoolboy sons. Miraculously, he survived.

A Clinton crony, Sheriff Coolidge Conlee, who also was a friend of the
father of the Clinton cousin, had let the two animals out of jail to rob
Dumond of his manhood.

Sheriff Coolidge Conlee would die in jail after the feds nailed him for 60
years on a RICO charge.

As Dumond was clinging to life in jail, the sheriff displayed his severed
testicles in a jar on his desk.

"I saw him pick them up and I saw the display," state police Capt. Odam has
told me.

As Dumond's testicles were on display on the sheriff's desk, something else
happened. Dumond's house was torched to the ground.

The father of the so-called rape victim was one of Clinton's biggest donors
in his race for the Arkansas Governor's Mansion.

When Dumond finally gets released next month, his wife, Dusty, will not be
able to greet him. She died two years ago - after years of pleading with
Clinton to review the case while he was governor. The man who, as president,
would later grant clemency to FALN terrorists turned a deaf ear to her
pleas.

Whenever a reporter would ask Gov. Clinton about the case, he'd invariably
respond: "I don't comment on those things."

When pressed by other politicians, his response was: "The case [for a
retrial or clemency] has no merit."

Sounds like Clinton knew a bit about executive privilege a long time ago.

I have in the past spoken to Wayne Dumond for hours in his cell, and, apart
from never seeing his wife when he gets his freedom, he says: "No, I'm not
bitter. I've learned a lot. I think I've become one of those computer nuts
while in jail."

We will be able to find Clinton today in New York. But who can find his
conscience?

--
Dan S