From: Conspiracy Theory Research List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Bill
Sent: Sunday, September 26, 1999 11:00 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [CTRL] [CIA-DRUGS] Re: Crippling the CIA - working
forlegalizationof drugs..

 -Caveat Lector-

A lot of the dating of this stuff has been tampered with
recently I think....I accessed this 8 months ago and spread
it far and wide...went back to the site a month later, it
had been moved, from its original spot, and dates had been
changed....seemed like some years were added.....b

Dave wrote:

>  -Caveat Lector-
>
> Every single email that is sent anywhere in the world.
> Also every voice conversation that is sent over digital link.
> There's the NSA_key trojan horse built in to Microsoft's windoze products
> make it easy for them to bypass privacy measures and encryption.
> ------------
> Project Echelon:
>
> (The publication of this first item really broke the Echelon story open)
>
> This Study represents a summarised version of an Interim Study, 'An
> Appraisal of the Technology of Political Control' (PE 166.499), referred
> throughout this document as the Interim Study, prepared by the Omega
> Foundation in Manchester and presented to the STOA Panel at its meeting of
> 18 December 1997 and to the Committee on Civil Liberties and Internal
> Affairs on 27 January 1998.
> When it became known that the issue of electronic surveillance was to be
on
> the agenda of the September 1998 part-session of the European Parliament,
> the Omega Foundation was requested to prepare an updated Executive Summary
> of the Interim Study for use as a background document. The updated
Executive
> Summary covers the various areas of the subject of technologies of
political
> control dealt with in the Interim Study. However, the document in its
> present form concerns only the specific topic of electronic surveillance.
> The full version alone contains the footnotes and bilbiography.
> The Interim Study aroused great interest and the resultant high-profile
> press comment throughout the European Union and beyond indicates the level
> of public concern about many of the innovations detailed by the Study.
This
> updated Executive Summary is framed by the same key objectives as the
> Interim Study, namely:-
> (i) To provide Members of the European Parliament with a succinct
reference
> guide to recent advances in the technology of political control;
> (ii) To identify and describe the current state of the art of the most
> salient developments, further clarifying and updating the areas of the
> Interim Study which have aroused the greatest public concern and comment;
> (iii) To present MEP's with an account of current trends both within
Europe
> and Worldwide;
> (iv) To suggest policy options covering regulatory strategies for the
future
> democratic control and management of this technology;
> (v) To provide some further succinct background material to inform the
> Parliament's response to the proposed declaration by the Commission on
> electronic evesdropping which has been put on the agenda for the plenary
> session of the European Parliament, on Wednesday 16 September 1998.
> http://www.europarl.eu.int/dg4/stoa/en/publi/166499/execsum.htm
> (much more interesting material on "Appraisal of the Technology of
Political
> Control" is available from this source)
>
> More links on Echelon:
>
> "I don't want to see this country ever go across the bridge. I know the
> capacity that is there to make tyranny total in America, and we must see
> it that this agency and all agencies that possess this technology operate
> within the law and under proper supervision, so that we never cross over
> that abyss. That is the abyss from which there is no return."
> — Senator Frank Church, quoted in: ECHELON: America's Secret Global
> Surveillance Network
> http://serendipity.nofadz.com/hermetic/crypto/echelon/echelon.htm
>
>  Echelon: Interception Capabilities 2000
> Information Security Portal, The Global Clearinghouse for Information
> Warfare on the Internet, Computer Security,Internet Security,Cybercrime
> Reporting,Firewalls,Encryption,Viruses,Cyberwar,Y2
>  http://www.infowar.com/class_2/99/class2_051199b_j.shtml
>
> CAQ links:
> http://www-douzzer.ai.mit.edu:8080/conspiracy/paulwolf/echelon.htm
>
> SIGHTINGS Investigation Into NSA's Top Secret ECHELON Spy Network Dropped
By
> EU By Niall McKay Wired News www.wired.com 10-10-98 The European
Parliament