-Caveat Lector-

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 13:28:18 -0300
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: @is2.dal.ca
Subject: MER FlashBack - "Diana - The Saudi Connection" - Sept 1997

-  _______   ____   ______
  /  |/  /  /___/  / /_ //  M I D - E A S T   R E A L I T I E S
 / /|_/ /  /_/_   / /\\         Making Sense of the Middle East
/_/  /_/  /___/  /_/  \\              F L A S H B A C K
  http://www.MiddleEast.Org

      MER - IF YOU DON'T GET IT, YOU JUST DON'T GET IT!
  News, Information, & Analysis That Governments, Interest
  Groups, and the Corporate Media Don't Want You To Know!
                          ---------------
     To receive MER regularly email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

F L A S H B A C K :

         D I A N A - T H E   S A U D I   C O N N E C T I O N

MER - Washington - 2 Sept 1997:

At American University in Washington, D.C., there is a very
large building with the name ADNAN KHASHOGGI writ large for all
to see. Former Arab League Ambassador Clovis Maksoud has his
office nearby. It's also quite an embarrassment however.

Once praised as an international businessman, Khashoggi is now
known to have been an international arms salesman and a swindler
working closely with the Saudi Royal family as an intermediary.
Criminal indictments and law suits galore are now associated
with his name. AU took his money before the crash, and remains
stuck with his name, though rumors abound the university has
been looking for some other wealthy patron to make a new deal
with.

The family fortune of Emad Mohamed "Dodi" el-Fayed can be traced
not to Egypt, but rather to the two sources of Muslim cash and
unbridled corruption in our era - the Saudi royal family and the
Sultan of Brunei.

Indeed, the main reason Dodi's father has been unable to obtain
British citizenship and wasn't even sure he'd be able to bury
his son in England, can be traced back to his very shady
business dealings where he repeatedly lied about the source of
his funds and on whose behalf he was acting.

The connection to the Saudi royal family is through Dodi's
mother, the sister of Adnan Khashoggi. And irony of ironies,
much of the money that has built the Mohamed Fayed empire and
that however indirectly contributed to the death of the Princess
of Wales, so known in recent days for her anti-land-mines and
humanitarian efforts, began as commissions and profits from arms
sales.

        M  I  D  -  E  A  S  T      R  E  A  L  I  T  I  E  S
                     http://WWW.MiddleEast.Org
                       (c) Copyright 1999
  COMMENT OR MESSAGE FOR MER?  1800 724-6644, ID 202 362-5266
  [EMAIL PROTECTED] / Fax: 202 362-6965 / Phone: 202 362-5266