-Caveat Lector-

>>For many developing countries, however, there is a greater obstacle in the
path to progress. For many of them, excessive and completely unsustainable
debt can halt progress, drag down growth, drain resources that are needed to
meet the most basic human conditions, like clean water, shelter, health care
and education. Debt and debt relief are normally subjects for economists.
But there is nothing academic about them. Simply put, unsustainable debt is
helping to keep too many poor countries and poor people in poverty. That is
clearly why the Pope and so many other world leaders from all walks of life
have asked us all to do more to reduce the debt of the poorest nations as a
gift to the new millennium -- not just to them, but to all the rest of us,
as well.

Personally, I don't believe we can possibly agree to the idea that these
nations that are so terribly poor should always be that way. I don't think
we can, in good conscience, say we support the idea that they should choose
between making interest payments on their debt and investing in their
children's education.<<

This is President Clinton talking--sounding a lot like Lyndon LaRouche,
except without the derogatory comments about IMF and World Bank.

Linda Minor