-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 10/07/1999 4:11:39 AM CST, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> George Bush was brought up before a war crimes tribunal. You didn't know
>  about that either, right? Get the book by Ramsey Clark.

    I've read two disturbing things about Ramsey Clark in the last few
months.  One that he publicly opposed a new trial for James Earl Ray re the
Martin Luther King assassination, and most recently, that as Johnson's
Attorney General, he led the attack on Jim Garrison's New Orleans
invesitgation of the JFK assassination.
    I'm left wondering how many "good guys" may be bad guys playing the good
cop/bad cop game?  It seems to me if you control the bad guys and have posers
leading protests, you control the entire flow of information from beginning
to end.
    The posers would provide relief for genuine protesters and become a focal
point for them, thereby distracting them from forming genuine protesting
organizations.
     How effective are these protest-advocacy groups?  Are men like Ramsey
Clark and others potential posers put in place to keep protesting/advocacy
intensity to a minimum?  I wonder the same about Oliver Stone.
    How risky was it for him to make "JFK?"  Polls have shown that nearly 95%
of Americans didn't buy the lone-gunman theory anyway.  Yet, appealing to the
rebellious among us, Stone went on to make that "McMartin" movie which
denigrated the accuracy of the children's stories and focused ridicule on the
therapists and parents in the case.
     Is Stone in place to earn trust as a vocal rebel so that he can spend
his credibility dollars to debunk the REAL issues the bad guys don't want us
knowing about?
     Can a man like Ramsey Clark be the real thing as he opposes US policy in
Iraq and Kosovo, etc., if he feeds into the assassination-illusion game?
Sure, the attack on Garrison was more than thirty years ago, but the MLK
statements were much more recent.  I've yet to hear Clark recant his stand on
either issue.  If anyone has info to the contrary, please let me know.  *I*
don't want to be caught in a web created solely by the conspirators
themselves.  By definition, we're made ineffectual if that happens.
    It also occurs to me that if posers are leading the protests, they're
collecting information on *us* as dissidents while they gleefully mislead us.
 We can't walk a straight line to the truth when we're caught in a circle.

Samantha