-Caveat Lector-

Okay, let's see now: the U.S. is the policeman/overlord for the Americas.
NATO gets Europe. (BTW, would NATO intervene if the Spanish and French
Basques were to declare an independent Basque state? What about if the
Northern League manages to split Padania off from the rest of Italy?) Russia
is "it" for the Caucasus and Central Asia. Australia has definitely gotten
the nod for Southeast Asia and Oceania. So we say that we give Northeast
Asia to a remilitarized Japan (maybe a Sino-Japanese alliance?). Southwest
Asia is a problem--no real regional power and everyone shooting at everyone
else. This one may have to go to the U.S. by default. North Africa goes to
Egypt; West Africa gets Nigeria; East Africa is Kenya; Southern Africa, of
course, is South Africa. Any comments?

        <snip>