-Caveat Lector-

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: HEMP Economy Networkers
Date: Tuesday, October 12, 1999 4:21 PM

PLEASE RECYCLE, RECOPY AND PASS-IT-ON TO 10 OTHER PEOPLE...

GLOBAL PEACE WALK
c/o Yucca Foundation [501(c)3]
Phone: 415-863-2084
Voicemail & Updates: 415-267-1877
e-Fax: 413-895-8588
e-mail: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
web: <www.globalpeacenow.org>
P.O. Box 170245
San Francisco, CA 94117-0245

Global Peace Walk 2000 Schedule
San Francisco – Washington DC – New York / U.N.
1/15/2000 – 10/9/2000 – 10/24/2000

Fellow HEMP Economy Networkers,

Global Peace Walk 2000 will be carrying the HEMP Economy message across the
country with them. We are asking HEMP Economy groups from around the country
to network with us, and help us get the HEMP Economy message out. We will
give HEMP Economy press releases & info material to whomever we meet – the
media, politicians & the general public – please send us copies of material
to distribute. We would like to coordinate with local HEMP Economy groups in
order to include them in our walk through town, as well as in any planned
events & parades. We will participate in any events that HEMP Economy groups
are involved in as well when possible.

The Global Peace Walk would appreciate any help in obtaining food, supplies
&
assistance in your local areas. Places for Global Peace Walkers to camp or
sleep (i.e., schools, churches, barns) need to be worked out before Global
Peace Walk's arrival.

We are looking for HEMP Industries & Businesses to help sponsor Global Peace
Walk 2000. We are also in the process of developing a Global Peace Walk 2000
On-line Internet Store to sell "Peace Economy" Products to help support
Global Peace Walk 2000, "Peace Economy" Businesses as well as to educate the
public. Contact us if you are interested.

We are looking forward to working with you!

Living On the Globe with All Our Friends,

Global Peace Walkers

Global Peace Walk 2000 Information & Schedule

January 15th, Sat., 9am (Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Birthday) War
Memorial
Building, San Francisco, CA
January 16th, Sun. - San Jose
January 17th, Mon. - Oakland - (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day March)
January 21st, 22nd, Fri., Sat. - Santa Cruz
January 23rd, Sun. - Monterey
January 24th, Mon. - Big Sur
January 26th, Wed. - Cambria
January 27th, Thur. - San Luis Obispo / Diablo Canyon Nuclear Power Plant
January 28th, Fri. - Vandenberg Air Force Base
January 29th, Sat. - UC Santa Barbara
January 30th, Sun. - Santa Barbara City Hall
February 1st, Tues. - Ventura (Big Mountain Support Day - relocation
deadline)
February 3rd, Thur. - Bakersfield
February 4th, Fri. - Keene (Cesar Chavez Memorial Ceremony)
February 4th, 5th, 6th, Fri., Sat., Sun. - Tehachapi
February 5th, Sat. - Los Angeles
February 13th, Sun. - Nevada Nuclear Test Site
February 25th, Fri. - Flagstaff, Arizona  (large walk to Big Mountain)
February 28th, Mon. - Big Mountain, Arizona
April 8th, Sat. - Santa Fe, New Mexico
April 9th - 21st - Global Peace Zone Ceremonies/Gatherings at different
locations in New Mexico
April 19th, Wed. - 22nd, Sat. - Global Peace Walk - Santa Fe to Taos
April 22nd, Sat. - Taos, New Mexico  (Earth Day Ceremony)

Dates to be Announced:
Oklahoma: Oklahoma City
Kansas: Leavenworth, Kansas City
Missouri: Kansas City, St. Louis

Note: St. Louis will be the gathering point for all people to walk to
Washington D.C., sometime at the beginning of August. At this time, we have
not decided the route to Washington D.C., or to the East Coast & New York
City.

October 9th – 12th, - Washington D.C. (Columbus Day)
October 24th, UN Day - United Nations, New York City

The Public is encouraged to bring or collect donations for Global Peace Walk
2000:  Food, Survival Supplies, Cash/Checks, Support Vehicles, Cell Phones,
Camping Gear, Clothing & Shoes, Office Equipment, Lap Top Computers,
Volunteers, Fund-raisers & Financial Supporters. Those who would like to be
part of Global Peace Walk 2000 in any way and volunteer, can contact us -
tell us what you would like to do.

Global Peace Walk 2000 will take its first step on January 15, 2000, Dr.
Martin Luther King Jr.’s Birthday, from the War Memorial Building in San
Francisco (Herbst Theater site of creation of United Nations Charter on June
26, 1945) bringing out the prayer of "Global Peace Now!" as a universal
human
resolve to spread across the United States.

Along the way, the Peace Walkers will be carrying petitions, messages &
information to educate & network with people & groups on the following
issues:  Abolition 2000 - A Call to Ban Nuclear Weapons Worldwide;
Protecting
our Land & Life & other Environmental & Social issues; Native American
issues
(e.g., Leonard Peltier clemency; Big Mountain Dineh relocation, AZ; Ward
Valley nuclear waste dump, CA; Nevada Nuclear Test Site and Yucca Mountain
Nuclear Waste Dump - Shoshone treaty violations); Sustainable Global Economy
(e.g., Permaculture, Hemp); Alternative Healing/Medicine; Medical Marijuana,
Global Conflict Resolution by Creating a Culture of Peace and a Spiritual
United Nations; the World Thirteen Moon Calendar Change Peace Movement;
Peace
Pagoda Project; Global Peace Zone Project; and Proper Funding for New-Energy
Technology Research and Development; as well as other issues that people
bring to us along the way.

On October 9, 2000 (Columbus Day), the Global Peace Walk will arrive in
Washington DC and bring the petitions & a "Message of Peace" to our
governmental leaders. The walk will arrive in New York City at the United
Nations on October 24th, 2000 (United Nations Day, 55th UN Charter
ratification anniversary) bringing the petitions & a "Message of Peace" to
our world government leaders, and reaffirm the original principles of the
United Nations Charter, to "save succeeding generations from the scourge of
war" and to "reaffirm faith in the dignity of human rights" and to "live
together in peace."

Since the Global Peace Walk project was initiated in 1995 walking from New
York City to San Francisco for the United Nations 50th anniversary, the
Global Peace Walk has received hundreds of  letters and proclamations of
support from religious, political, community and cultural leaders towards
the
creation of a worldwide Global Peace Zone.

For more information, see updates at http://www.globalpeacenow.org and also
http://www.angelfire.com/on/GEAR2000/gpw.html

Living on the Globe with Our Friends,

Global Peace Walkers

PLEASE RECYCLE, RECOPY AND PASS-IT-ON TO 10 OTHER PEOPLE...