-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 99-10-21 06:36:09 EDT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>That brings us back to the question of the cycles that we had originally
>discussed. The work of John Major Jenkins in "Maya Cosmogenesis 2012"
>conclusively determines that the Earth's "precessional wobble" of circa
>26,000 years is actually timed by the Earth's relative position to the
>center of the Galaxy.

More or less true, in my view .. The SUN "revolves" around the center of the
Galaxy (at about 26 degrees of the sign Sagittarius) every 250,000 years or
so, if memory serves.  In which case there are 10 Great Years per revolution,
and the Ages would be like the minutes in "hours" on the bigger Galactic
clock.  Very interesting picture, since Homo sapiens is not yet ONE "Galactic
Year" old and 95% of all human history is represented by Paleolithic and
Neolithic cultures -- which weren't so "uncivilized" and actually laid the
foundations for what eventually became Egypt, Sumer, Indus, et al.    Also,
if you read "Hamlet's Mill," the bottom line is that our constellations and
zodiac --a projection of archetypal motifs onto the stars, a kind of
"written" record used to teach posterity-- the celestial blueprint was first
created at an astronomically remarkable moment about 6000 BC, when the
GALACTIC plane intersected the path of the sun and planets at the equinoctial
point.   The "apex of the sun's way" is in the constellation of HERCULES --
you know, the Greek Gilgamesh, a "solar" demigod undergoing (in microcosm)
the 12 stages of a process to be understood as a human being's "initiation"
into godhood ...