-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 99-10-25 15:54:03 EDT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>And the '60s is the key. The likes of Talbott and the Clintons have their
>intellectual roots in the left-wing ideas that swept through American
>universities in the '60s. The malevolent fruits of that intellectual plague
>captured the humanity faculties and after 30 years of relentless Leftist
>indoctrination succeeded in thoroughly polluting the nation's intellectual
>environment. The products of this intellectual pestilence now dominate the
>media and much of the legal profession, including the judiciary; our schools
>have been contaminated to an extraordinary degree as has the entertainment
>industry. Even corporate boardrooms have succumbed to this poisonous brew.

The "objectivity" of this writer's claim can be measured by his use of
adjectives --
"malevolent" blah-blah, "relentless" blah-blah, "polluting"
blah-blah,"pestilence" blah-blah, "contaminated" blah-blah, "poisonous"
blah-blah.  And the blah-blah inbetween is contentless.  He appears to be
suffering from the symptoms of an advanced case of intellectual syphilis and
projecting the disease on others.  Or
maybe a "flashback" from scoring some bad acid in the "demoniacal" Sixties?

Even if there might be the teeniest element of truth in this notion that the
unarguable corruption of Clinton --a "left-winger" who has achieved in
reality what could only have been dreamt of in Republican wet-dreams, a
trailer trash crypto-fascist with big hair-- was somehow a product of
'60s-style ANTI-authoritarianism, this foaming-at-the-mouth pseudo-moral
hyperbole bespeaks a cure far worse than the disease in its hypocrisy.

It's likely true, remember, that redneck wunderkind Billy Blythe first earned
his ticket to ride --eventually to the White House-- by RATTING on his more
genuinely "left wing" peers to Big Brother, i.e., the CIA -- by "selling his
soul to the DEVIL," Sixties style ...
(It's purely incidental that the Mephistopheles with the best deal NOW is Red
China.)
Might as well claim that Aldrich Ames' motives for treason can be seen in
love beads and a hash pipe!   If there's anything LESS "counterculture" than
Clinton's YUPPIE-ish (not HIPPIE-ish) hankering for power and cold cash, I'd
sure like to hear what it is ... It
used to be said of Nixon, "Would you buy a used car from this man?"  Of
Clinton (who "didn't inhale") one asks, "Could you have trusted this dude to
sell you REAL weed?"