-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 10/29/99 7:36:19 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< I am almost wondering if this
isn't a fake site - but it sure looks real.
(You guys really have got to check this out... ) >>

 Yes, it is a parody site. Om
-----
rom:
http://www.landoverbaptist.org/ameri.html
Click Here: <A HREF="http://www.landoverbaptist.org/ameri.html">Americhrist
Ltd</A>
-----

Publishers Of The Landover Baptist Church ParodyChief Editor/Head Writer:
East Coast Offices:
West Coast Offices:
Contributing writers:
Creative Consultants:
Web Site Design:    Chris Harper
Washington DC
West Hollywood CA
Betty Bowers, Mike Allen, B.Wilson, Jim Francis
Mike Allen, Darryl Snow, David Myles
Chris Harper
About Us:
"If Christianity is to be introduced,first of all the illusion must be
disposed of." S.K.
After only three years on the internet, Landover Baptist has fast become one
of the most popular parodies ever made. Exposing the rough underbelly of
American Christianity's more legalistic side, with wit and intellect,
Landover has claimed a worldwide viewership of over  5.8 million, with
650,000 plus hits a week, and 50 certified internet fan clubs on Atheist and
intellectual Christian sites and colleges around the globe. Landover Baptist
has been called by some experts, "a litmus test of human behavior," in regard
to the interactive response generated by the site.
The Landover Baptist Church is a complete work of fiction. Any resemblance to
persons, places or things is  coincidental.
Questions or Comments, e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Editor Biography: Hidden History
How We Do It
Americhrist Ltd. is a non-profit organization. We avoid becoming a commercial
site with annoying pop-up ads, irate sponsors, etc. We do this through the
rather large donations of anonymous fans. We can proudly say that we have one
of the largest online fan bases in current internet history. Advertisers are
drooling over our hit ratios, and often begging to find an 'in-road' to
market through Landover Baptist. If you are a marketing genius, and can
figure out a way to do it without harming the integrity of the site, feel
free to make a suggestion.
Our promise to viewers is to make the Landover Baptist Church, 'ad free.' If
you are a fan, who'd like to contribute to the cause (and get the Official
Landover Baptist Sticker), mail $5.00 or more with a SASE to the address
below. Call it .. 'tucking in a little love gift,' or 'tithe.' Thanks for
keeping the best of the net AD FREE.

Americhrist Ltd.
PMB #252
P.O. Box 1000
Merrifield, VA 22116-1000

Landover Concept: 1987 by Chris Harper & Mike Allen
Betty Bowers Christian Advice Column appears courtesy of Betty Bowers
Ministries
Pastor Deacon Fred's sermons are heard weekly on New York's WLIR Alternative
Radio
Religious Satire Articles by Chris Harper appear bi-monthly in PopSmear
Magazine

If you would like to be put on a mailing list and receive notice of updates,
speaking engagements, or events pertaining to The Landover Baptist Church
Satire, simply follow the form below:

Your email address:
ListBot List Owner

[<Please! Take Me Back To Church!]