---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 15:05:41 -0500 (EST)
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    The controversy over the Brooklyn Museum's display of the
elephant dung and porn covered "Holy Virgin Mary" has come up on
CAS a few times. Although it is OT, I wanted to point out that
Clinton-style lying is spreading. In this case the lying is about
the profit motive for the Brooklyn Museum's display of
sacrilegious "art." The hidden support by the owner of the
painting and others just broke as the top story on the front page
of today's New York Times. I used details of the lying--some of
it in court documents--that were buried in the middle of the very
long Times story for an email I just sent to the Director of the
Museum, Dr. Arnold Lehman. I am reproducing the letter below--if
any CASers care to let the folks at the Brooklyn Museum of "Art"
know what we think about lying to the public and in court, the
BMA email address is: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Steve MacDonald