-Caveat Lector-

I think you need to remember that David Bowie  made "The Man
Who Fell to Earth" (considered a "classic" for at least 2 decadees)
when the prospect of alien visitors still had a rosy glow--our
infinitely wise, gentle space brothers come to help us....and that
film created a sort of "persona" for him that was VERY successful
with the public. So in another sense, he was capitalizing on
something that had worked for him. Then, I think, he had a sort of
dry period. I suppose he had to come up with "something" to
respark his career. I think he also pioneered the ultra-thin
look...along with androgyny...Wasn't it called "Concentration Camp
Glitter Rock" or something like that????

sno0wl

On 5 Nov 99, at 22:26, Das GOAT wrote:

>  -Caveat Lector-
>
> In a message dated 99-11-05 04:35:44 EST, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> >Well I'm glad we cleared all that up.
> >
> >So is David Bowie one of Satan's puppets or not?
>
> Aside from Bowie having been, like a few other British rockers, immersed in
> Crowleyite, OTO-style occultism** in the '60s, he was THE pioneer of
> "androgyny" (to the point of sexually conjugating with Mick Jagger) and THE
> pioneer of the "alien" look on stage.
> After awhile, one almost expected him to appear on stage doing a duet with a
> Grey ...
> The "Illuminati's" concept of who "Satan" is might not be what the rest of us
> expect ...
>
> The "medium" --Bowie as performer-- is the message, so don't bother looking
> for any "message" in his lyrics.  Whatever is deemed meaningful by the
> literate left-hemisphere of the brain is a "straw dog" --something used
> mostly to misdirect and fixate conscious attention, "hypnotizing" the mind--
> so that more important nonrational, nonverbal stimuli can penetrate the REAL
> target of "mind control," the right hemisphere's "unconscious."
>

> **The lyrics of "A Space Oddity," for example, could be interpreted
> metaphorically as Bowie's experience of what's called in Crowleyite magick
> "the crossing of the Abyss."
>
> DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER
> ==========
> CTRL is a discussion and informational exchange list. Proselyzting propagandic
> screeds are not allowed. Substance—not soapboxing!  These are sordid matters
> and 'conspiracy theory', with its many half-truths, misdirections and outright
> frauds is used politically  by different groups with major and minor effects
> spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRL
> gives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers;
> be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credeence to Holocaust denial and
> nazi's need not apply.

> SIGNOFF CTRL [to:] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Om

sno0wl