-Caveat Lector-

On 15 Nov 99, at 13:15, Andrew Hennessey wrote:

>  -Caveat Lector-
>
> hi,
>
> a Unifying Theory of Linguistics - ie. language from ONE COMMON ROOT
> was proposed by a Dane called Stevenson who wrote a treatise on Phoenetics
> in the
> 19TH CENTURY.
> Using his system of phoenetics - the 'this word sounds like this word in
> this other language' idea - his system could be used to translate ancient
> scripts AND modern languages.
> This work - which was scoffed by the experts of the day and is still
> ignored, unheard of and buried, lies in the UNIVERSITY OF EDINBURGH LIBRARY
> in Scotland.
>
> please forward to those interested on the Thoth list.
> I would also suggest that we email the edinburgh university library to
> obtain copies of this very important thesis.
>
> The source of this information is a researcher for film, tv and the
> discovery channel and is also responsible for Rosslyn relics and the
> finding of the King Charles royal treasure in the river forth by Edinburgh.

There is a two volume set called A Book of the Beginnings which
explores the origin of languages and hypothesizes that those who
eventually settled in Egypt  and built the pyramids first lived in the
British Isles.

A Book of the Beginnings, University Press, 1974 (from original
publication at the turn of the century) by Gerald Massey
ISBN 0-8216-0211-X

It is an exhaustive study of language, symbols and mythology. I
read it in midnight frenzies some 20 years ago and don't remember
much of it now....except that at the time I couldn't put it down.

sno0wl