Excerpted from http://www.jrwhipple.com/z2k
-
Sponsored By:
J.R. Whipple & Associates
Over 24 Years in the
Computer Business

The Center for Real-Time Results of Y2K

Spam Notice
Please read this if you are considering spaming our list!

By December 31st of 1999 Zone 2000 will have people in each of the 24 time
zones around the world. They will be online and sending us reports of what's
happening as a result of the year 2000 rollover in their part of the planet.
With the gracious help of our volunteers we will offer you a timely picture
of the post Y2K state of our world . Shortly after local midnight some areas
of the world may suffer power outages or other infrastructure failures.
Other areas may experience civil unrest or other troubles. Still others may
suffer no more than a little too much partying. Whatever the result, we will
keep you advised from the fingertips of actual citizens in these places.

Want to join our list of participants and send reports from your corner of
the planet? Click Here. Whether you live just down the street or half way
around the world, we want to hear from you. Don't wait till the last minute.
Join now and avoid the rush!

NOTICE: You will need to be a participant to view the reports as they are
posted by our volunteers. Signup now! We may be way too busy on or around
January 1 to accept new participants.

  Set a bookmark or "favorites" now, so you can easily find this page in the
future.

There are 24 time zones, running from pole to pole, around the globe. Time
zone 1 is usually expressed as the Prime Meridian in Greenwich England.
Times are measured from Greenwich, at noon local time, GMT "Greenwich Mean
Time". This does us little good in tracking the progress of the new
millennium, so we will number the time zones from the International Date
Line (the opposite side of the earth from Greenwich England). Each new day
is born in New Zealand and Fiji, and races west at about one thousand miles
per hour, (1600 Kilometers Per hour).

The following is a list of time zones and the countries and major cities
within each. Notice that the left column Zone starts at zero, the time when
the new millennium first hits. An hour later it arrives at the next place
and so forth for the next 23 hours. The Time at 1st. Midnight column lists
the local time when the New Year arrives in the zero zone (New Zealand). So
if you live on the West Coast of North America and wish to get up at 4:00AM
on December the 31st you can read the reports as they start coming in from
New Zealand.

News & Alerts
Click the above if you are a Zone 2000 member

Time & Date