From: "JP Viken" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Remember this, no covert op is ever turned loose on assignment unless there
are "crediting" and "discrediting" mechanisms in place. A certain ddo we all
know of set up these sophisticated procedures which consist of:  pre-release
identification of nearly identical appearing doubles, some operations folk
and some not;  the nonoperational folks can be used to do walk bys under
bank video cams and be seen by witnesses to establish a alibis and create
much confusion, and the operations doubles can be used to "set up" or
discredit the op by placing him at certain crime scenes to be held "in the
can" until and if needed to discredit the person.  The mcviegh second was
allegedly a d.f. covert op from ft. hood who looked very similar to mcviegh.
If you doubt what I am stating here (and this come straight from a retired,
seasoned covert op) look carefully at the "arrested tramp" photos from the
jfk wetop. Look at all the talk about hunt vs. a double, sturgis vs.
harelson--see the b.s. pushed in weberman's book.   Consider all the
confusion about oswald's doubles, see nagel's book the man who knew too
much, and vankin's book, conspiracies, etc.etc. etc.   Remember any covert
op is an operation and certain experts must be called in as required by
highly classified procedural manuals:  you must have the planners who get
the plan signed off on with a finding order--you must have the field
operations folk; you must have the communications folk; you must have the
information control (usually this means disinformation) folk (approx 20% of
any op is for disinformation); you must have the finance folk. Major ops
must have perpetuity or trust fund financing, like the jfk, rfk, and mlk
hits, so that any serious investigations can be discredited, intercepted and
sideswiped (eg the law firm in dallas which is funded in perpetity like a
cemetary and emplys lots of "retired" and active c*a, F*i, d*a covert
operators to control the measured elease of facts accompanied by the
measured release of misinformation.  Remember fiel ops have become a highly
developed methodology.  It's the same stuff over and over again.   Remember,
all serious operations have many deflections in the can ready to be
activated later if needed. File this under sources and methods.