-Caveat Lector-

musings from Dave's upcoming book of healing arts in practice  =:->)

someone, somewhere, sometime wrote:
==============
   " I must admit to being very well in tune with [your recommendation of]
the homeopathic method.  I'm not sure exactly what "craniosacral" implies,
but I've heard of it.... I also very much like the [concepts you've used]
'innate healing intelligence,'  and especially your statement that  'CURE to
a homeopath means removing the susceptibility to dis-ease'... "
=============
I replied:

Craniosacral work isn't too easy to explain... on the mundane level, it
deals with the "old school" of Vitalist tradition manipulative osteopathic
technique- in a very subtle manner, with nearly imperceptible "manipulation"
aimed in the same general direction that homoeopathy is-  it is used
according to the "law of similars"  ... by micromovement TOWARD the
direction of "motion restriction" ... "rebound correction" .. which is
somewhat counter-intuitive.. akin to treating a sprain by slightly moving
the alignment of limb/joint toward the most painful position
(ever-so-slightly moving in that direction- never to the point of aggravated
physical discomfort, just to a point of "awareness" of the
injury/dis-ease/restriction of motion.) The "force" used in the cranial
field is normally on the order of a few grams- (28 grams= one ounce)...  up
to a few ounces on most other areas; up to a few pounds on the sacrum.
On a "spiritual" &/or "energetic" level, Craniosacral work within my
practice is  a bit like Shamanic work, and a bit like Taoist energy work- I
get "in tune" (altered-state of awareness) with my client and sorta see into
& usually "journey" into h/ir body & energy field. This usually expresses in
my "altered-state" perceptions as intuitional feelings which are akin to
emotions but aren't exactly (transcendant emotion, perhaps) - including one
very common feeling as being a "conduit" for this powerfully flowing feeling
(think of it as movement of Qi, or channeling of "divine energy"), and
somewhat fuzzy images of client's internal body parts (sometimes) and
client's energy pathways (always- expressed in many different ways, but
usually including similar color schemes) including areas of "blockage" or
areas needing attention. I use "my" Qi by tuning into my earth/sky
"bridgehood" and then use my energy flow/attention to sort of "prime the
pump" of my client's Qi- "connecting" h/ir to earth  and pulling Qi up from
earth THRU client's energy system. It is a form of "directed" self-healing-
"My vision" of healing can only be accomplished this way- unless the
practitioner is willing to "take on the karma" of the client by "forcing"
client's beingness into a different (healthier??) state .. I would use this
very sparingly as an emergency measure after checking my intuition, but
generally I'm well convinced that what I think of as Cure (removing the
susceptibility to dis-ease state) proceeds from Within (the Individual) -
and moreover is most well-evoked by "homeopathic" (similar suffering;
axiomatic to "likes cure likes") treatment: the communication from
practitioner to "vital force" (innate healing intelligence) of client of a
"Gestalt" via subset of pattern of dis-ease [un-ease, restriction of
mobility, motility, flexibility] sufficient to ensure holographic
transmission of Gestalt - representing the holistically percieved nature of
the dis-ease from a cross sectional viewing of the client as Spirit
manifesting in matter, energy, space, & time... on the levels of
karma/genetics // happenstance/causality //
spiritual/mental/emotional/physical "bodies" (interpermeated, yet distinct
modalities of human beingness)

If this completely confuses anyone, let me know & I'll try to expain in
terms of fractal operations in Chaos magick  ;)

=======================
    "The Big Question I have about homeopathics is whether or not they can
be used in conjunction or simultaneously with other techniques."
=======================

*DAVE:
Most of what you know of homoeopathy is NOT what I know of homoeopathy.
This same holds true for MOST of the people you will meet who may tell you
the "do homoeopathy"
The use of a coined term "homeopathics" as in your sentence above is
demonstrative of the Underwhelming Dominant Paradigm (more is better, strong
mechanistically intrusive medicines needed, body is a machine that is
biochemically manipulable into better states of health via "modern"
"science") - all of which is obviously false...

A CORRECTLY chosen medicine which is Homoeopathic to the client's state of
dis-ease (there are paragraphs, pages & books "between the lines" of the few
words that begin this paragraph) will Not likely be impeded in it's
impression upon the "vital force" (innate healing intelligence), nor the
vital force easily distracted from it's homoeopathic (rebound) corrective
healing response to the stimulus of this medicine by complementary healing
approach OTHER than "energetic" / "vibrationally active" modalities (such as
acupuncture, craniosacral work.)
Naturally, strong allopathic drugs and large medicinal (as opposed to merely
nutritional) doses of vitamins & herbs - even regular use of "therapeutic"
amounts of  "superfoods" such as blue-green algae - may make it more
difficult to CHOOSE the correct homoeopathic remedy, and may also make it
more difficult to SEE the remedy in action, as it may not be possible to
determine WHICH drug/herb/treatment  is causing WHICH shifts in the symptoms
by which the Homoeopath observes the progress of the case.
My original teacher of Homoeopathy has stated many times  "it takes 4 to 5
years of study and integration for most people to understand the BASICS of
homoeopathy - some NEVER WILL."
A naturopath or herbalist who has not IMMERSED themselves in homoeopathy for
quite some time (preferably including some internship) is just *VERY*
not-likely  to be "practicing homoeopathy" at a level near the professional
competence of someone  who has a complete education in "classical"
homoeopathy.
There is a referral list for "classical" homoeopaths on the Internet, at:
http://www.homeopathy-cures.com  if you can't find someone there, drop me a
line.

===================
    "I don't know anything about Chi Gung (Qi Gong), but if it's an
"addition"
to the other regimes, this might help."
===================

*DAVE: This is one of the Most Potent life-enhanceing things I have
encountered.
My recommendation is to browse some of the books by Mantak Chia until you
find one that speaks to you- buy it and read it a few times- then seek out a
practitioner -preferably someone who comes recommended by others as opposed
to advertisements only... and a student of Mantak Chia would be my
recommendation.. I may be able to refer you to someone if you don't find
someone to work with. It is, in my humble opinion Essential to work with an
accomplished practitioner at least a few times to get "tuned in" to the
energy flows.
(Falun Gong literature is available free on the Internet, but is more
moralistic/religious and less edited down to the basics of energy dynamic
than Mantak Chia's books)
link for Mantak Chia books
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0935621466/stillpointhealinA/
"Awaken Healing Light of the Tao"
Heal yourself by pulsing Chi through the key points of the body. Relax and
smile your way to enlightenment with the Cosmic Inner Smile. Redirect sexual
passion into a loving heart and speed your spiritual growth. Quickly
energize any meditation with Spinal Chi Kung Warm-Ups .Tap the three
primordial forces of Earth, Heaven and Higher Self to achieve immortality.
This manual shows how to circulate the life-force or Chi in a simple loop up
the spine and down the front acupuncture channels of the body. Balancing
these yang (male) and yin (female) currents of bioenergy is the most direct
path to physical, emotional, mental and spiritual well-being.
Mantak Chia is the author of many books on Taoist spiritual/energetic
practice. All are excellent !
Falun Gong books downloadable online:
http://www.falundafa.org/book/index.html

======================
"In any case, thanks for your messages.  Wtih some of the answers
to the above, I hope to develop a "battle plan" ........"
=====================

I know that it may be a sop to common rhetoric, or just a habitual
colloquialism, but I'd encourage you to consider fully detaching from the
"battle plan" theory of health which is again... that 'ole Underwhelming
Dominant Paradigm (more is better, strong mechanistically intrusive
medicines needed, body is a machine that is biochemically manipulable into
better states of health via "modern" "science") - all of which is obviously
false...

Any "state of dis-ease" is a message that some change is a mebbe good idea-
in reaching toward a holistic understanding/approach, and "CURE" it may be
more useful to transcend battle...

-regards,

Dave Hartley
http://www.Asheville-Computer.com/dave