-----Original Message-----
From: International Justice Watch Discussion List
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
On Behalf Of Margarita Lacabe
Sent: 2000. siječanj 12 02:01
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Letter to Mr. Straw

>From Maximo Kinast
(thanks to Stacie Jonas for the translation)

Open letter to Rt. Hon. Home Secretary of the United Kingdom

Mr. Jack Straw

We respectfully submit this letter to you to express our extreme pain
and anguish, as Chileans, as thousands of victims of torture and exile,
and as the families of the disappeared that continue waiting, day after
day, to find a humanitarian answer to our questions:

WHERE ARE OUR CHILDREN, MR. STRAW?
WHERE ARE OUR PARENTS, OUR BROTHERS?
WHERE ARE THEY MR. STRAW?  WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THEM?

For years, we have suffered every day from the pain of having our loved
ones snatched away from us.  It has been years since we have heard from
them, Mr. Straw.  Were they tortured and killed?  Were their bodies
destroyed by dynamite or were they thrown into the ocean?

Mr. Straw, it is daily torture for us to live without knowing, without
answers, without being able to recover their bodies for burial.  And
what if some are still alive?  Could there still be prisoners that
remain in some remote Chilean military garrison?  Could there possibly
be some still alive, held by the Nazis, in Colonia Dignidad?

Mr. Straw, we beg you to allow the extradition of Augusto Pinochet
Ugarte to proceed on humanitarian grounds, so that he can respond to our
questions in the Spanish courts, where he will receive only the best
medical care and respect for his human rights.

Mr. Straw, please, end the suffering that still tortures our people.
Please, on humanitarian grounds, in the name of law and justice, allow
the extradition to proceed.

*__ ___ _ ___ __ ___ _ _ _ __
http://mprofaca.cro.net/latest.html

Bolt down the furniture. LiquidPrice.com is giving away one
serious Dream Home Theater. The ultimate $15,000 cinematic
experience. LiquidPrice.com brings you consumer electronics
where you pick the product, then retailers bid for your business.
http://click.egroups.com/1/633/0/_/7016/_/947654750/

-- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=spynews&m=1