</A> -Cui Bono?-

Newsmax-January 13, 2000

TWA 800: Powerful Interests Are Threatened

Third in a NewsMax.com exclusive series of installments based on
James D. Sanders' book "Altered Evidence," exposing the
government's tampering with evidence, cover-up and misleading the
public in the crash of TWA Flight 800.

 The same bureaucrats within the FBI and Justice Department whom
I was investigating the crash of TWA Flight 800 used the awesome
power with which they were entrusted to harass, intimidate and
persecute.

 They were imperiled by the truth, and used their power in an
attempt to neutralize my investigation.

 The Justice Department officials turned my wife into a hostage
to their demands on April 19, 1997. In a face-to-face
confrontation with the FBI and Justice Department, they said they
would "target" and indict my wife if she did not assist them in
their investigation of me.

 She refused, and we were both indicted for conspiring with a
source inside the TWA Flight 800 investigation to obtain
additional evidence of their lawlessness.

 We were arrested, bound and dragged through throngs of
reporters. My phone and financial records were seized in
violation of Justice Department rules, regulations and case law.
My computer was seized without a warrant.

 And major media remained silent.

 When the government demanded that the First Amendment be excised
from the trial, major media did not speak out in protest. When
the judge agreed, major media acquiesced. When the government's
star witness failed to perform on the stand as the government
said he would, The New York Times printed a story misrepresenting
what was said under oath.

 We were convicted of conspiring with a source to obtain
additional evidence of government wrongdoing. The case is under
appeal.

 If we lose the appeal, federal case law will allow the wife of a
journalist to be made the target of a federal investigation, even
in the absence of any evidence, real or imagined, upon which to
justify the targeting. It will establish conspiracy as a legal
tool to inhibit aggressive investigation of government
lawlessness.

 And major media still remain silent.

 If you have seen or heard anything about this case in major
media reports, it has been the government's version of the truth,
devoid of balance. My side of the story has not been told – until
now.

 Despite the best efforts of those placed at risk by my
investigation, I have obtained compelling evidence of the
government's motivation to use its power illegally to cover up
and halt the dissemination of the truth.

 The reason for the government's shrill, vindictive attack upon
my wife and me becomes apparent as you read the following
articles. Less apparent is the motivation for major media to
cooperate with powerful interests rather than pursue balanced
journalism.

Next: How NBC News Was Used

             Kadosh, Kadosh, Kadosh, YHVH, TZEVAOT

  FROM THE DESK OF:                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      *Mike Spitzer*     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                         ~~~~~~~~          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

       Shalom, A Salaam Aleikum, and to all, A Good Day.