</A> -Cui Bono?-

[EMAIL PROTECTED],Internet writes:

>Well, I agree with the first few examples, although the example of the

>Holocaust might be questioned on the grounds that while it was indeed
>carried

>out by a Christian society and drew on anti-Semitism rooted in Christian

>beliefs, the architects were somewhat contemptuous of such beliefs and as
>far

>as I know, did not commit their vile act it in the name of God but to
>realise

>the pseudo-scientific goal of maintaining racial hygiene.

The architects were Nazis. Nazism is a religion in its own right. However,
the men who actually did the killing were mainly Lutherans,  Catholics and
Eastern Orthodox. The Germans wore a  uniform which featured a belt buckle
which said "God is with us." They killed thirteen million people in the
camps alone, but the real Holocaust is what they did to Russia. They
killed between twenty and fifty million Russians (depending on whose
version you believe). REAL Christians, i.e., the followers of the
teachings of Jesus himself, would have refused the Nazi's orders.

>My real gripe,

>however, is with your contention that current activity in Iraq is a good

>example of Christians taking innocent blood. You only chose that because
>it

>suits your ideological mindset. I would contend that it is somewhat
>removed

>the example of the Crusades as the decision to bomb Iraq was made by a

>nominally Christian politician, and not by a cleric. It isn't religiously

>inspired.

Neither were the Crusades. They were a land grab, plain and simple.
Religion was just an excuse. Religion is not the excuse in Iraq
Nevertheless, religious men, men who call themselves Christians,  have
murdered half a million Muslims so far in their siege of Iraq. Almost all
have been women and children. It doesn't matter why they did it. What
matters is that they do not refuse to do it. Jesus would refuse. Why do
those who claim to worship him not refuse? Is this not hypocricy?