</A> -Cui Bono?-

On Thu, 3 Feb 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> -Caveat Lector-   <A HREF="http://www.ctrl.org/">
> </A> -Cui Bono?-
>
> nessie wrote:
> >
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED],Internet writes:
> > >
> > >the taste of it was like wafers made with honey(l6: 31)
> >
> > Have you ever eaten a psilocybe mushroom?
>
> Yeah, I dropped a couple caps once or twice in my late teens
> with a few friends; it's been about 10 years though. I
> remember the dried shrooms did taste pretty awful, and I had
> to quickly wash it down with a glass or two of orange juice.
> I heard fresh caps don't have much of a taste.

Wrong!

After trying EVERY conceivable methos of eating those babies
without gagging, the ONLY way we ever found that was tastless
(later in life the taste of freeze dried Kubensis didn't even
really bother us that much any more), is to make a REAL ice cream
shake out of them.  That is the ONLY way that we ever found that
even the slightest taste of them is not detectable...and we tried
ALL KINDS of things using honey in my day....to no avail!

> > Like wafers with honey it ain't. Trust me.
>
> Like the Aztecs, in order to mask the taste of the dried psilocybe mushroom, they
> supposedly ground the dried caps and stems into a fine-grain-like flour, then mixed
> this 'flour' with honey, and baked it -- "the taste of it was like wafers made with
> honey(l6: 31)". The honey also acted as a preservative, which would keep the potency
> for well over a year.
>
> > Here's another guess:
> >
> > http://home.fireplug.net/~rshand/streams/science/chalice.html
> >
> > It's probably wrong too, but hey, who knows? Stranger things have happened.
>
> Look forward to reading it later on tonight when I get back. Thanks for the input....
>
> <A HREF="http://www.ctrl.org/">www.ctrl.org</A>
> DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER
> ==========
> CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic
> screeds are not allowed. Substance—not soap-boxing!  These are sordid matters
> and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, misdirections and outright
> frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects
> spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRL
> gives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers;
> be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and
> nazi's need not apply.

> SIGNOFF CTRL [to:] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Om

             Kadosh, Kadosh, Kadosh, YHVH, TZEVAOT

  FROM THE DESK OF:                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      *Mike Spitzer*     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                         ~~~~~~~~          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

       Shalom, A Salaam Aleikum, and to all, A Good Day.