</A> -Cui Bono?-

Branded by the Thought Police: A Brain Implant Victim Speaks Out

By Robert Naeslund
http://members.aol.com/alhidell/paranoia/19Article.htm

Send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with questions or comments about this web
site.
Copyright © 1999 Paranoia: The Conspiracy Reader
Last modified: December 21, 1999
http://members.aol.com/alhidell/paranoia/articles.htm

The right of might: the source of inhumanity and state tyranny. This is an
account of the Swedish Security Police (SÄPO) and the use of humans for
medical research, but it could well be from Nazi Germany, where state abuse
was a natural part of the system. There are many similarities in the methods
and routine of brutality between the Gestapo and SÄPO. Moreover, SÄPO is
exploiting a new kind of computer technique to enable them to control human
thoughts and behavior.

Pictured above is an X-ray of an object located in my skull directly
anterior to the frontal bone. The object was forcibly implanted in 1967 at a
hospital where I was awaiting an operation. SÄPO had forced the surgeon to
participate in their scheme, preventing him from performing the original
surgery.

After violently sedating me, they made a 5 cm long incision in my frontal
bone, in which they placed the object: a radio-transmitter which has been
transmitting a high frequency electromagnetic beam through my brain 24 hours
a day ever since. The dimensions of the device are a mere 7x4 mm.

The process of miniaturisation has already passed the stage of the
injectable transponder, a tiny ampoule capable of storing data and acting as
a sender and a receiver.

Jan Freese, The Despotic Incompetence

The reason for SÄPO’s action was that I constituted a threat to the secret
of state mind-control projects. This covert operation of coupling people’s
brains to computers has been going on for decades, and not only SÄPO is
involved. Transmitters are being implanted in people’s heads during routine
hospital surgery. Most commonly, these are inserted through the nostrils,
from where they operate using two-way radio communication. After penetrating
the brain, the radio-wave is processed in a system that connects the
neurological functions to a computer. Afterwards, mental activity,
biological processes, sensory function, in fact the entire life of the
individual, are laid bare for state inspection and control.

In his report, the eminent professor Peter Lindström calls the technique
“radio-hypnotic intracerebral control.” This speaks a lot about a science
which is also known as bio-medical telemetry, mind control or brain-computer
interaction. He writes that there is a risk of meningitis and chronic
infections with such implantations. I have, in fact, had constant sinus
infections since the early 1970s, something which is most probably connected
with the implanted objects.

In the late 1960s, the potential and areas of application of telemetry were
already being discussed by J.M. Delgado in his book Physical Control of the
Mind: Toward a Psychocivilized Society:

We are advancing rapidly in the pattern recognition of electronic correlates
of behavior and in the method for two-way radio communication between brain
and computers.

This has been going on much longer than most people can imagine. It was, in
fact, one of the first applications of computer technology, forty years ago,
to link the human biological system with a computer. Thirty years ago, in
1968, Dr. Stuart Mackay published his Bio-Medical Telemetry, in which he
outlined the potential of this latest science:

Among the many telemetry instruments being used today are miniature radio
transmitters that can be swallowed or surgically implanted in man or animals
... The scope of observation is too broad to more than hint at with a few
examples... They permit the simultaneous study of behavior or physiological
functioning... In cases such as the monitoring of the welfare of a diver in
the ocean or an astronaut in orbit, a continuous flow of physiologic
information is essential.

X-rays of my head show three implanted transmitters, of which one has been
completely embedded in the frontal lobe. All were implanted on different
occasions during the 1970s by the Swedish Criminal Police while I was under
arrest in Stockholm and Nacka. A paper published in 1975 at Yale University
by an international team of six researchers as part of a joint project
between Yale and the Medical University of Madrid entitled “Two-way
Communication with the Brain” describes how communication can be achieved
with deep-brain processes using tiny transmitters, thereby also being able
to suppress EEG patterns. They also state that because both energy and data
is supplied by radio-waves, these transmitters last for life.

Two-way communication with the depth of the brain makes it possible to send
and to receive information to and from the brain. The technique eliminates
the need to restrain the experimental subject, permitting free behavioral
expression and social relations. Instrumentation, including the radio links,
is small and light and does not interfere with mobility... Our experiment
demonstrated the suppression of a specific EEG pattern by repeated feed-back
radio stimulation of a specific intracerebral point ... As no batteries are
used, the life of the instrument is indefinite. Power and information are
supplied by radio frequencies.

It has been almost thirty years since the first transmitter was implanted in
my head at Söder Hospital; the issue is in fact much bigger and even more
shocking, since surgeons have also been placing these transmitters in the
heads of patients under anesthetic on the operating table. This is what
happened to me at the end of the 1960s when I underwent surgery at Söder
Hospital. Prior to that time, I had been a completely normal member of
society. I had never committed a crime nor had any contact with psychiatry,
and I was employed. In fact, there was nothing about my life which could
warrant the taking of special measures to observe me. The only reasonable
conclusion is that certain surgeons at the hospital were and may be
continuing to implant transmitters during normal operations on a regular
basis. There is no reason whatever to believe that I was an exception.

Thirty-three years ago, in 1965, a researcher at the Defence Research
Institution department for information technology named P.M. Persson
published an article on biomedical telemetry in which he wrote:

Telemetry, i.e. the radio-transmission of data, is applied primarily when it
is difficult or impossible to supply the parameters by any other method ...
the word Telemetry is derived from the Greek “tele” meaning “to measure”. In
Swedish, telemetry would therefore be called “fjarrmatning” (long-distance
measuring) ... A significant part of biotelemetry is conducted principally
with the use of implanted transmitters, the development of which has come a
long way in medical research.

What had actually been well developed in  medical research was of course the
abuse of patients in whose heads the surgeons were implanting transmitters.

A Journey Into Madness

For the years following the implantation of the transmitter at Söder
Hospital, I was actually quite unaware that anything had happened. All I was
mindful of was a weak radio signal of unidentifiable origin inside my head.
It was only after a few years that I became wise to something having been
put inside my head during the operation. This time was to be a period of
great and inexplicable change and, when I turned thirty, I decided to tread
a criminal path. It is hard to claim with any certainty that this was a
result of what was happening to me, but it was, in any case, after the
implantation of the transmitter which linked my brain to a computer so
scientists could use me for their own wicked designs, that my conceptions
and feelings were radically altered.

In America, the same year as the implant of the transmitter at Söder
Hospital (1967), the Department of Psychiatry at Yale University published a
report entitled “Man’s Intervention in Intracerebral Functions.” The authors
wrote:

Techniques are being developed for the investigation and manipulation of
man. Two-way communication with the depth of the brain makes it possible to
send and receive information to and from the brain... We can start, stop or
modify a variety of autonomic, somatic, behavioral, and mental
manifestations. We can experiment with intracerebral mechanisms responsible
for the onset and maintenance of specific behavioral and mental functions...
As no batteries are used, the life of the transmitter is indefinite. Power
and information are supplied by radio frequencies.

The report of a Parliamentary Committee chaired by Alva Myrdal, SOU 1972:59
entitled “To Choose the Future” addressed this technique:

Research into the field of cerebral function and behaviour has as its
primary aim to identify the type and degree of changes that can be effected
with these new methods, thereby providing information on new possibilities
for easing human suffering as well as the risks of control and modification
of behaviour against the people’s will.

The state report SOU 1987:74 also mentions the technique, discussing the
ability to see through the eyes of another person:

It is inevitable that covert personal surveillance brings with it a
significant infringement of individual integrity. A person’s private and
public doings can be registered and documented to a high degree. This also
includes any encounters the individual has with other people. Letters and
other such written communications which the individual receives, for
example, at home or in the office, can be monitored during surveillance.

It was on my first occasion with the police, on March 10, 1972, that I was
put to sleep without my consent and when I awoke a few hours later it was to
a whole new kind of life. The first thing I was aware of was a deeply
disturbing radio signal in my head. The electromagnetic wave which was
penetrating my skull was brainwashing, and had a detrimental effect on my
memory functions, habits and behaviour. Slowly but surely I was being
changed into a different person with greatly impaired faculties. As can be
seen from the X-ray photograph shown, this transmitter had been inserted
through the left nostril.

The experiment which then began went on daily, unchanging, for the following
3.5 years. It inhibited the capacity of my left cerebral hemisphere, and
after a short while I lost such basic skills as sequentiality, turning the
alphabet, for example, into a swarm of irretrievably disordered letters. My
capacity for logical thought was impaired and due to the brainwashing I had
great mnemonic problems which created daily chaos. Dr. Lindström’s reference
in his second letter to this process as “the electronic dissolution of
memory” is a fitting description of what was happening to me.

Gordon Thomas, the well-known author and BBC producer, wrote in the
introduction to his book Journey Into Madness, that:

Since the 1950s, doctors in both east and west have ignored the sacred oaths
of their profession and helped in governments-sponsored research into
methods of medical torture and mind control.

A detail of one X-ray of my head shows the nasal passages and the area
behind the forehead. Two shaded parts indicate the position of the
transmitters that were surgically removed at private hospitals overseas. One
was inserted at Söder Hospital, while another was the one I received in
police custody in 1978. A third object on the X-ray is the first transmitter
that the police put in me on March 10, 1972, while a fourth was implanted
either at Stockholm’s detention center or in custody at Vasteras in 1973.
The last transmitter shown in the X-ray was inserted under sedation on
November 26, 1975 at the Nacka Police custody center.

Nine years went by before I tried to do something about the increasing
torment. In 1976, I wrote to Bror Rexed, the general director of the Board
of Health and Welfare, and explained what was happening to me and how it had
all begun. What I failed to understand then, however, was that there were
unwritten routines to bury as swiftly as possible any reports concerning the
existence of these barbaric practices. Instead of answering my letter, Mr.
Rexed passed it on to the department responsible for psychiatric care, who
contacted me with a warning that I could be taken in if I continued to make
these claims. A document entitled “The Breaking of Bodies and Minds,”
published by The American Association for the Advancement of Science,
states:

... The state, with the aid of psychiatrists, can effectively silence people
who oppose its policies, state manipulation of psychiatry for political ends
is a reality in many countries.

On a trip to Athens in the summer of 1977, I took the opportunity to have an
X-ray examination. There the radiologist was able to identify two foreign
objects in the extension of the nasal passages, adjacent to the frontal
lobe. On my return to Sweden, I handed over the X-rays to the Board of
Health and Welfare to confirm my previous claims. They, in turn, passed them
on for examination by their own radiological consultant, Dr. Kjell Bergström
of Uppsala’s Academic Hospital, who promised to produce a report. After
several attempts to contact Dr. Bergström, it became evident that he was not
prepared to make a  report at all. After much correspondence both by letter
and phone, he finally submitted a report. It came as no surprise that his
report was entirely misleading. He denied the existence of any foreign
objects in my head and claimed that my cranial X-rays were perfectly normal.

I was forced then to do something about my enslaved life. I traveled back to
Athens in February of 1978 and met a radiologist who then put me in contact
with a surgeon who was prepared to operate to remove the object. The
transmitter that had been implanted in my head at Söder Hospital was finally
removed on March 13, 1978 after having been in operation for eleven long
years. It had been only a month since Dr. Bergström’s report denied the
existence of any foreign objects in my head. My life improved measurably
after the removal of four transmitters which had been transmitting
electromagnetic waves through my brain.

A Criminal Collusion Exposed

Dr. Gregorius promised to perform the next operation a couple of months
later. In July of 1978, a week before I was due to return to Athens, I was
arrested by the police for a crime that had been committed some months
earlier. After a few days in custody, Dr. Annmari Jonsson from the Board of
Health and Welfare came in for a chat. Dr. Jonsson is the psychiatrist who
had contacted me the previous year in connection with my correspondence with
Rexed. She had previously threatened me with psychiatric confinement if I
persisted in making claims about a transmitter having been implanted in my
head at Söder Hospital. She was now getting serious and was prepared to use
her position to silence me in a criminal collusion between doctors and the
police.

Our talk lasted no longer than a few minutes, after which she was ready to
prepare the report which was to pave the way for the coming psychiatric
diagnosis which the Board of Health and Welfare could then, following the
routine, use as a weapon for concealing the illegal activity of the state.
Her report was based on the obvious fact that anyone who claims that they
are being used for scientific research into telemetry is mentally ill. I was
also threatening to expose something of an extremely classified nature. This
was justification enough to brand me as a chronically paranoid individual.

Annmari Jonsson’s report of August 1978 included the following note: “He
fiercely maintains everything that he wrote to the General Director. He
becomes indignant and clearly offended if anyone questions the reality of
his medical history. In doing so, he displays clear delusions and is also
paranoid. He is psychotic, in need of hospitalisation and there is every
reason for forensic-psychiatric examination.”

Until a certain point in my life, I had never had any psychiatric problems,
never had any contact with mental care or displayed any inhumane traits or
used violence. The reason why it was so important for the psychiatrists to
diagnose me as mentally ill was that the use of brain-computer systems
involves the infringement of the basic human right to life. Anyone who
constitutes a threat to this secret shall be silenced at any price. It is
also important for them to create an illusion that those who claim they are
being subjected to such abuse have mental problems.