</A> -Cui Bono?-

> Andy wrote:
>
> >>"Shrooms in the desert!?! No way. Too dry. Need rain and
> >>cow pies. Trust me".
>
> --
> Exodus 16-14 "And when the dew that lay was gone up, behold,
> upon the face of the wilderness there lay a small round thing,
> as small as the hoar frost on the ground."......
> Frost? Dew? Wilderness? Is this a desert??
> Need grass, trees and moisture. Trust me.

Further, the Exodus quote from above goes on (verses 15,31):

When the people of Israel saw it, they said to one another, "What
is it?"...And Moses said to them, "It is the *bread* which the
Lord has given you to eat." ....Now the house of Israel called it
manna; it was like coriander seed, white, and the taste of it was
like wafers made with honey.

Consider the following passage from Ezekiel 4:15:

Then he [The Lord] said to me, "See, I will let you have cow's
dung instead of human dung, on which you may prepare your
*bread*."

Prepare your bread on cow's dung? I'm certainly no Biblical
scholar, but to me that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever,
under any set normal circumstances; yet in the context of magic
mushroom 'manna' -- a small round thing, the color of a coriander
seed, gathered in the morning dew, or else left to rot and be
consumed by worms in the hot sun  -- it seems to make perfect
sense.

--
>From The Marriage of Heaven and Hell, Plate 13, by William Blake,
(1757-1827):

I then asked Ezekiel why he eat dung and lay so long on his right
and left side? He answered, "The desire of raising other men into
a perception of the infinite...."
<http://mir.drugtext.org/lycaeum/flink6.htm>