</A> -Cui Bono?-

Interesting to note in the article about Kohl, that the political party's
money was held in an account funded by German industrialists in the 1950's
in the Union Bank of Switzerland.  See the connections with Dubya's
financing and also the Bank of Boston money laundering in the 80's.  Also
Pete Brewton traced proceeds from some of the looted S&Ls of the 80's into
an Isle of Jersey (UK) branch of "an obscure Swiss Bank, Bank Cantrade
Switzerland, (C.I.), Ltd., a subsidiary of Union Bank of Switzerland.
[footnote--Jack Anderson, December 1986]

"Bank Cantrade is one of the banks the CIA used to launder funds for arms
purchases, according to Robert Maxwell, a former Maryland banker who worked
on moving money around for a CIA front, Associated Traders.  Maxwell, who
was an officer at First National Bank of Maryland, has alleged that he was
told by an official at Associated Traders in December 1984 to transfer
approximately $5.4 million to Bank Cantrade.  The money went from a CIA
account in the Cayman Islands to Banco Sudameris in Panama to Union Bank of
Switzerland and then on to Bank Cantrade. [footnote--Associated Press, June
7, 1992]."

[Above excerpt from Mafia, CIA and George Bush, p. 352]
++++++++
from:
http://www.aci.net/kalliste/
Click Here: <A HREF="http://www.aci.net/kalliste/">The Home Page of J. Orlin
Grabbe</A>
-----
Hackers vs. Politicians
The Web of Secret Political Accounts in Germany

>Releasing statements from two of the key people who managed its financial
>affairs since the 1970s, the party opened a Pandora's box of secret
accounts,
>safe deposit boxes in Switzerland and million D-Mark payments made via the
>intelligence services to political parties in Spain and Portugal.
>
>The revelations put the spotlight back on Helmut Kohl, the former
chancellor
>and CDU chairman who late last year plunged the party into crisis when he
>admitted he had received "up to DM2m" (£619,000) in undeclared donations.
Mr
>Kohl has refused to disclose the source of the donations.
>
>The new disclosures provided unprecedented detail of the system of secret
>party funding that has emerged gradually since last November. "We have
broken
>the cartel of silence but unfortunately there are still some
contradictions,"
>said Angela Merkel, the CDU general secretary.
>
>The details follow meetings between CDU leaders and Horst Weyrauch and Uwe
>Lüthje, two of the party's key functionaries.
>
>At a news conference on Friday it was revealed that the CDU held accounts
in
>Switzerland to handle undeclared contributions. Much of the money stemmed
>from funds collected by German industrialists since the 1950s and
>subsequently declared illegal by the Constitutional Court.
>
>Up to DM6m may have come from Siemens, the engineering group, and an
>unspecified amount from Leo Kirch, the German media magnate. However,
Siemens
>cast doubt on the claim and the Kirch group denied making any payments.
>
>Wolfgang Schäuble, Mr Kohl's successor as CDU chairman, said the CDU was
>handing all its information to public prosecutors in Bonn, who are
>investigating the funding scandal.
>
>He said the party had contacted UBS, the Swiss bank where its safe deposit
>box and some accounts were held, to obtain details of the amounts and the
>precise flows between Switzerland and Germany.
++++++++

>From Dope, Inc., p. 75:

In fact, on February 7, 1985, Credit Suisse was caught red-handed in a
multi-bilion dollar money-laundering scheme directed out of the staid
offices of the First National Bank of Boston, the flagship institution of
the Boston Brahmins' Bank of Boston Corporation.  Fortunately for the dope
bankers, the case was handled by William Weld, who collapsed 1,163 separate
documented cases of criminal felony, involving $1,218,682,281 in hot money,
laundered in and out of nine foreign banks, into a one-count indictment--for
which Bank of Boston was fined a slap-on-the-wrist $500,000 in a plea
bargain!  The penalty imposed on the bank amounted to an absurd 1/20 of 1%
of the amount of money laundered in just these documented cases.  Bank of
Boston chairman and chief executive officer William Brown was forced to
admit in testimony before a congressional committee early in 1985 that the
bank made enormous profits from the laundering of the dirty money--even
after the fine was paid.

The whitewashing of the Bank of Boston was accompanied by no action
whatsoever against the nine foreign correspondent banks, led by Weld's own
Credit Suisse Bank of Zurich, and including Swiss Bank Corp. of Basel, Union
Bank of Switzerland in Zurich, Barclays Bank International of New York, Bank
of Boston S.A. of Luxembourg, Bank Leu of Zurich, Die Freie Osterreichische
of Vienna, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce of Ottawa, and Standard
Chartered Bank Ltd. of New York.  Meanwhile, a flood of other cases opened
up revealing the deeper role of the Bank of Boston in the international
narcoterrorist conspiracy.