</A> -Cui Bono?-

SkeptiNews 000208b - - - - - - - - - - - All The News That's Fit To Question

* Passages starting with ':' are editorial comments to provoke discussion.
* Nothing contained here is ever endorsed for truth, accuracy, or meaning.
* PLEASE do NOT include the ENTIRE bulletin when you reply; cut/paste, eh?
* No sexual enthusiasts orgasmed fatally to produce this bulletin. Durn...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# RIP Alla Rakha: http://www.tabla.com/articles/AllaRakha.html
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Airline amputee goes on TV - Woman lost leg due to cramped seats on over-
  seas flight: http://www.the-journal.co.uk/cfm/newsstory.cfm?StoryId=165223
# 'Healthy' amputee ran fetish website - closed after news became public:
  http://www.independent.co.uk/news/UK/Health/2000-02/amputee070200.shtml
# Amputee now feels 'whole' - 'Since I was 8, I knew I did not want my leg'
  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/et?ac=001851641145319&pg=/et/00/2/7/namp07.html

@ Cyborgasms <http://www.arthistory.sbc.edu/sacredplaces/ise.html> "Cybersex
  Amongst Multiple-Selves & Cyborgs in the Narrow-Bandwidth Space of America
  Online Chat Rooms" And see Cybersoc at http://www.cybersoc.com/ - all this
  via Bifurcated Rivets: http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Lindsay/weblog/latest.html

: How much of yourself do you feel good about? Do voices in your head direct
your self-consciousness, self-value? Do you have better orgasms after a good
amputation? What would you like to have amputated next? Is it superfluous??
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ HAS NASA MOONED AMERICA? Calling everyone a "UFO nut," who considers ET
  contact as real or at least a possibility, is a bit quaint & provincial
  these days. Someday, the people who scoff at the idea may themselves be
  considered crackpots. A large number of people throughout the world are
  quite sure that we faked landing men on the moon 30 years ago. They cite
  substantial amounts of scientific evidence and have explanations for any
  and all supposed proof coming from NASA. Are these people normal or nuts?
  Do you believe men walked on the moon only because almost everybody else
  around you says it is so? http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/nasaindx.htm

: Have you faked any Lunar landings lately? Are you working on faking land-
ings on Mars, Venus, Mercury, Callisto, Ganymede, Io, Europa? Will you fake
the NEAR rendezvous with 433 Eros? [see below] Are you well-paid for this?

# Astronaut Ed Mitchell on ETs: http://www.cninews.com/Search/CNI.0845.html
# Recent PCEs: What is Going On Here? http://www.caus.org/pc020800.htm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# NEAR Spacecraft Orbits Eros On Valentine's Day. In deep space, there are
  very few second chances. But one year later & wiser, a team of researchers
  is readying for the first spacecraft to orbit an asteroid, named 433 Eros,
  on Valentine's Day. http://unisci.com/stories/20001/0208001.htm

# Mars lander listening/locating attempt inconclusive - still lost:
  http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2564015709-b10

: Have you lost/found any spacecraft/asteroids/aliens lately? Do ETs steal/
move/manipulate our spacecraft just to keep us on our toes, to obstruct us,
for their own entertainment? Do you have any insights into alien psychology?

# Confirmed reports: UFOS sighting. The Upcoming Futuristic Operating System
  <http://wugnet.com/wininfo/display.asp?ID=2557> is Windows ME, scheduled
  to crash-land on May 26, 2000. Upgrade your Win98 Tshirts & mousepads now.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Elizabeth Klarer: UFO Contactee & Space Traveler. Living in South Africa,
  Elizabeth sez she was willingly taken by aliens from the planet Meton in
  the Alpha Centauri system. She stayed for 4 months where she gave birth to
  & reared her "space" child. http://www.esotericworldnews.com/elizabet.htm

# BE CAUTIOUS ABOUT ALTERNATIVE CARE FOR CHILDREN. A survey of alternative
  medicine practitioners revealed some scary issues about their care for
  children. Of course, most of them have very little real medical training -
  and many don't even know enough to refer a newborn with a fever to a
  doctor. http://healthcentral.com/drdean/DeanFullTextTopics.cfm?ID=25959

: Have you borne a space-child lately? Did the ETs help you? What kind of
medical care do they offer: allopathy, homeopathy, HMOs, magic, nanobots? Do
they help with child-rearing, or do they fuck'n'run? Are they responsible??

@ Saucer Smear: http://www.martiansgohome.com/smear/v47/ss000115.htm
@ Anti-gravity: http://www.cseti.org/bearden/ferdelance/slide32.htm
@ Zero Point Energy: http://www.dnai.com/~zap/zpe-fly.htm
@ University of Lawsonomy: http://www.lawsonomy.org/
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# COMPUTER VS. GOOD WRITING: Nobel writer Gunter Grass says computers and
  the Internet are bad influences on good writing, and that pen and paper
  are an essential part of his life as a writer. " I mistrust this computer
  work,'' he says. http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,34152,00.html

# COMPOSER TURNS QUAKES INTO MUSIC. Earthquakes are music-to-da-ears of USGS
  researcher Andy Michael, and he hopes that a musical piece he has written
  incorporating quake frequencies will make people more prepared for seismic
  upheavals. http://CNN.com/2000/SHOWBIZ/Music/02/05/earthquake.music/

: Does technology/science help you artistically? Do computers suck y'r brain
out? Do you waste more time networking than your increased productivity can
offset? Is techno-art degenerate? Does all art/culture devolve? Into what?
Do aliens/Illuminati/spies control the development of techno-culture? How?

# A HANDLE ON HIP HOP: The big lie in writing about hip hop.
www.nypress.com/content.cfm?content_id=1203&now=02/08/2000&content_section=2
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Gov't: Nev. forest workers safe. RENO (AP)  US Forest Service employees in
  Nevada have been intimidated & harassed by local residents but are not in
  danger, according to an agency probe. No killings yet, but few Nevada USFS
  staffers wear their uniforms or drive marked agency vehicles. Insurrection
  --  see http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2564014627-b18

: Have you harassed/intimidated/threatened any govt employees lately? D'ya
prefer to harass the unarmed ones? If you tried this in most of the world,
how long would you live? Is America great because you can harass foresters?

# Researchers Find Evidence Of 16th Century Epic Drought Over North America.
  Researchers studying tree rings have found evidence of a "mega-drought" in
  the 16th century that wreaked havoc for decades in the lives of the early
  Spanish & English settlers & American Indians throughout Mexico and North
  America. A drought of these proportions in modern-day America could cause
  a catastrophe unless water resources are wisely conserved, they report:
  http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2000/02/000208075420.htm

  "They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious
   to the recipient.  But giving the finger is free, too.  And I find it
   usually seems more personal and sincere." -- http://SleazyTabloid.com

* Rev. R.Carter, ULC * http://www.sonic.net/~ric * FAX: 603-415-3736
* Fringes of: Science, Faith, Sex, Dope, Art, Paranormal, Conspiracy
* email INFO or SUBSCRIBE SKEPTICHAT to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* (sorry, I can't answer all email - but thanks for your feedback)
* SkeptiChat/News archives: http://www.sonic.net/~ric/sc/files.htm