</A> -Cui Bono?-

You're very welcome.  I had no idea you needed so much reminding.

I'd like to give you another name connected with presidential politics.
Don't forget Jennifer Fitzgerald.

It pleases me to know that you and yours missed sexual harassment in the work
place.  It never struck me as okay, but it is responsible for my meeting my
husband.  He had a teacher in tenth grade who told him it was that or flunk
out of algebra, so he changed schools.  The rest is history.  We've been
married 47 years.  And I guess it's no longer a private matter, since this is
the "internet."

It was a very old, quavery-voiced, retired country preacher who called C-SPAN
and reminded me that if it was oral, it was sodomy. and said the bible was
very specific that there was a difference between sex and sodomy, so don't
thank me.  Thank that old man.

I never wanted to know what kind of underwear anyone other than my husband
and kids wore, because I never expected to shop for anyone else.  I want to
thank you in this case, because it seemed to be your teenager who asked the
question.  I had never thought it mattered, and I checked with my kids and
grandkids and they assured me they didn't really give a darn.

I don't pay to see lousy movies, sorry.

Yes, we should think a lot about impeachment.  It had never occurred to any
of us that presidential sex was a high crime, but Republicans think so, so I
guess it is.

Don't you mean the most expensive health care system in the world?

Well, I thought that the President of the United States ought to know just
who those holdovers were working for.  Hoover was dead; so it was no longer
just the matter of a phone call and a little planted evidence.  You're
welcome.

Jimmy Carter was competent.  Gerald Ford was dyslexic.  Nixon was run out of
town on a rail for something he didn't know about and wasn't present for.
(BY THE REPUBLICANS and of course that boy reporter, Bob Woodward, who had
just retired as a Navy commandant whose job was as White House briefing
officer).  Of course we have since then corroborated his being booted out,
because he swore and was prejudiced against various minorities.  Huh?

Whoops, Lyndon Johnson wasn't moral either.  He was as truthful as the
average politician.

Whoops, John Kennedy wasn't immoral.  He was amoral.  He probably told the
truth more frequently that the average politician.

And as for the 72 plus l7 plus l9.  You're welcome.  And for the 8 plus 55
plus 32, I guess that'll learn them scalywags.  Don't thank me for that one.
I would only press charges against major criminal activity.  I don't want to
fund all the little stuff.

As for the 938 overnight stays at the White House, I'm sure they thank you.
I haven't heard most of them, but Rush Limbaugh was more than enthusiastic
when George Bush had him over for a couple of nights.  I would imagine that
Democrats are as delighted to sleep in the Lincoln bedroom as Republicans
are.

I accept your gratitude regarding the ethical administration; although I
think that while it was moreso than any in the preceding twelve years, it
didn't match Carter.

I'm especially pleased to have educated the Episcopalian minister from
Georgia.  I really didn't think that anything that went on would really be an
education for a minister, since the ones I have known seem to know about
every sexual picadillo and political short fall in their town.  Still if this
guy needed the experience, I guess watching the Washington scene probably
helped him a lot.  He is more than welcome, and I hope he keeps his eye on
politics.

I really must thank the Republican voters for one thing.  I  didn't think
that there was anyone in Congress who had never cheated on his wife.  Then
they came up with Speaker Hastert.  I now know there is one, and it gives me
a more charitable feeling towards the whole lot of them.

Prudy (who voted for Clinton)