</A> -Cui Bono?-

The following should come as no surprise to people who have followed the actions of
Scientology and the various promoters of same over the years.  Any group which
practices a form of "mind control" so blatant on its own members, AND which is looking
for new members to fill its collection plates would be expected to resort to such
means of manipulation.  Its effectiveness in the long run can be questioned but the
motivation and the hoped for outcome of such tactics are bad enough.

On Tue, 21 March 2000, Nicola Molloy wrote:

> -Caveat Lector-   <A HREF="http://www.ctrl.org/">
> </A> -Cui Bono?-
>
> From: "A" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> "Mundus vult decipi"
> (the world wants to be deceived)
>

> > Warner forced to halt distribution of Travolta film, Battlefield Earth?
> >
> > Just weeks before its scheduled opening, will Warner Brothers, Morgan
> Creek,
> > and Franchise Pictures, be forced to halt the distribution of the new $80
> > million Travolta Film, Battlefield Earth? Perhaps, and surprisingly the
> > reason will not be the horrible reviews. Neither will it be allegations of
> > false advertising in the movie's trailer, which claims the film is based
> on
> > one of the best selling science fiction books of all time. Neither will it
> > be the publicity surrounding the involvement of the world's most dangerous
> > cult, as revealed in a scathing Washington Post article [Nov 28, 1999,
> > http://washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/style/A48280-1999Nov26.html], or the fact
> > that this cult may make a fortune from Battlefield Earth toys by
> > Trendmaster. The reason Warner Brothers may be forced to halt distribution
> > is a new allegation that the movie contains sophisticated subliminal
> > messages designed to get you into the cult of Scientology.

"Welcome to the desert of the real."  Morpheus, in The Matrix

"My God it's full of stars!"  Dave Bowman, in 2001: A Space
Odyssey

For the largest MP3 index on the Web, go to http://mp3.altavista.com