BEFORE YOU READ THE FOLLOWING, YOU SHOULD FIRST
SING "AMERICAN PIE"  BY DON McLEAN.
(Sing out loud)

"Bye bye miss american pie
drove my chevy to the levee
but the levee was dry
them good ol boys
were drinkin whiskey and rye
singin this will be the day that I die
this will be the day that I die."

Did you sing it out loud?
You should to get the full effect.

Sing this to "American Pie."

Humble Pie

         A long, long week ago
         I can still remember how
         the market used to make me smile
         What I'd do when I had the chance
         Is get myself a cash advance
         And add another tech stock to the pile

         But Alan Greenspan made me shiver
         With every speech that he delivered
         Bad news on the rate front
         Still I'd take one more punt
         I can't remember if I cried
         When I heard about the CPI
         I lost my fortune and my pride
         The day the NASDAQ died

         So bye-bye to my piece of the pie
         I'm gettin' margin calls
         Cause my cash account's dry
         It's just two weeks from a new all-time high
         And now we're right back where we were in July
         We're right back where we were in July

         Did you buy stocks you never heard of?
         QCOM at 150 or above?

         'Cos George Gilder told you so
         Now do you believe in Home Depot?

         Can Wal-Mart save your portfolio?
         And can you teach me what's a P/E ratio?
         Well, I know that you were leveraged too
         So you can't just take a long-term view

         Your broker shut you down
         No more margin could be found

         I never worried on the whole way up
         Buying dot coms from the back of a pickup truck
         But Friday I ran out of luck
         It was the day the NAAAASDAQ died

             I started singin'
            Bye-bye to my piece of the pie
            I'm gettin' margin calls
           Cause my cash account's dry
           It's just two weeks from a new all-time high
           And now we're right back where we were in July
           Yeah we're right back where we were in Ju-liiiiieeee.

     Regards to All
         Nakano

screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please!  These are sordid
matters