tenebroust wrote:

> Why should this story surprise anyone.  The fact that the information was uncovered
>at all is the big story.  Of course I believe that Nuclear Power is being railroded
>by the Oil companies and is deliberately given as bad a rep. as it can be because it
>threatens the Old Boy monopoly on world Power Production, and hence, World Power.
>That's not to say it is ALL good, but something to think about. . .

You are mistaken here. The Nuclear Industry is ( was ) owned by the oil
companies.
They were keeping nukes on line until the public forced the politicians to kill
new plants for political reasons, but more importantly, they considered new
investment
to be dangerous because the public was so strongly against nukes.

Nukes are not gone. They are in hibernation awaiting an opportunity to be
resurrected. The corporations which own them are waiting for the anti nuke
generation to die out. Another
nice advantage for a synthetic person who lives in perpetuity.

Joshua2

screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please!  These are sordid
matters