This message seems to have been blocked for some time. Trying again.

-----Original Message-----
From:   Mike Ruppert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Tuesday, May 16, 2000 9:54 AM
To: Leutrell Osborne
Subject:    RE: Interest and our favorable vote

Leutrell and list:

Assuming a movie was on the drawing board, with a budget, a script, a
director, a producer, a signed cast, a studio and distribution contract and
a good director of photography, the assistance of such a person as yourself
would be invaluable. So said Mike Ruppert, Cele Castillo, John Carman, Mike
Levine, David Sabow, Bill Tyree and maybe twenty other people I have known
since 1982.

Neither tech advisers nor great characters or great true stories get movies
sold.

Here are some of the people I have met with over the years who bounced me
from meeting to lunch and back to meeting again. If you don't recognize some
names they're the producers (the ones that count):

Tim Zinneman (Bullitt)

Alan Pakula ( All the Prez's Men, Klute + 15 more)

David Soul

Martin Bregman/Peter Safeer (Serpico)

George Roy Hill (The Sting, Butch Cassidy)

Gregg Davis - (son of Marvin Davis)

Brian Grazier - Partner with Ron Howard in Imagine Entertainment. Been to
the house off Mandeville Canyon.

Gary Luchesse ( The Murder Mystery with Pacino and Laura Dern in NY
- I forget the title)

Larry Schiller (many, including the executioner's song, a CIA connected
        front man in my opinion)

David Carradine

Marc Levin - Director 1992 Documentary (The Last Party - I was in it with
Sean Penn and Robert Downey, Jr.) and Emmy Winner for Bill Moyers', "The
Secret Government. I saw Marc on May 6th in New York."

The William Morris Agency - (had me signed for four years)

David Wardlow (Major Hollywood writer's agent - had me signed for two years)

Jan Legnitto, former 60 Minutes Producer who had me optioned for two years

Jon Boorstin - (Major Hollywood screenwriter, Associate Producer "All the
      Prez's Men" two treatments and one draft of a script)

Sean Penn - current FTW subscriber.

For maybe 6,000 hours of work towards making a movie on the subject I have
earned, since 1982, exactly $4,300. Less than a buck an hour not counting
the free lunches. I cannot possibly describe how much heartache and
disappointment went along with that or how many months were spent (wasted)
waiting for the call I was told would come any minute.

Sean said it best to me. It was just days after I had confronted John
Deutch. I was at a mutual friend's music studio at Venice Beach. Sean was
with wife Robin Wright and buddy Ed Begley, Jr. They had just watched the
video of me confronting Deutch and Sean was blown away. CIA and drugs was
the national topic that night. Hollywood was "buzzing."

Sean and I had a moment aside to talk about our mutual friend, a musical
genius named Dave Baerwald and Sean said, "Mike, you know that this will
never get made into a movie, don't you? The studios are just too scared to
touch it."

"Yeah, Sean," I answered. "I do know. I didn't know it fourteen years ago
when I started. I don't think they did either."

Sean's the only one on Hollywood who has ever told me the truth. So y'all
will have to forgive me if I do not show enthusiasm for what I consider to
be an absolutely Quixotic venture.  I haven't got time for the pain. One
need only recall that "Panama Deception," which won an Oscar for best
documentary, was pulled out of the theaters after a week and cannot be found
anywhere in America - not even at Blockbuster.

Mike Ruppert
www.copvcia.com