WJPBR Email News List [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Peace at any cost is a Prelude to War!

 Clinton's 'Moment of Remembrance'

Memorial Day just ain't what it used to be -- at least not since a
military-loathing traitor has held the office of the presidency.

Clinton did his practiced lip-biting, jaw-jutting, somber impersonation of a
commander in chief in the final Memorial Day observances of his second term.
His performance was a doozy.

"Americans never fought for empire, for territory, for dominance, but many,
many Americans gave their lives for freedom," he said.

Of course, Bill Clinton was not one of these Americans. Not only did he not
give his life in service to his country, he refused to even give his service.
The irony of watching this man involved in wreath-laying ceremonies at
Arlington National Cemetery would be laughable if it wasn't so tragic.

But it wasn't so much Clinton's scripted comments at the event yesterday that
ticked me off. Rather, it was the new Memorial Day marketing gimmick dreamed
up by some genius at the White House.

Did you catch what Bill Clinton asked Americans to do in honor of our fallen
American military heroes? He urged them to participate in a "National Moment
of Remembrance" for those who died in service to their country -- a "National
Moment of Remembrance."

Now let me dissect that for ... yeah, a moment.

Do you think the men who died fighting for this country's freedom in the last
200 years would appreciate Bill Clinton even being involved in ceremonies in
their behalf?

Do you think the survivors of those men would appreciate the fact that they
no longer have even one full national day of remembrance for their loved ones
and the sacrifice they made, but only a moment?

Do you think it would be possible to ask any less of Americans on behalf of
these brave men than mere "remembrance"? Notice he didn't ask for a day of
tribute. He didn't ask for a day of prayer. He didn't ask for an hour of
remembrance. He didn't even ask for a moment of silence. Just a moment of
remembrance.

What else should we have expected from Clinton? Sincerity? Propriety?

Of course not. Clinton adopted the campaign to designate literally one minute
-- from 3 p.m. to 3:01 p.m. yesterday -- "to raise awareness and unite the
nation in acknowledging the contributions made by the men and women who gave
their lives for our country's freedom."

One day is too much, I guess. Now we've only got one minute a year to
"remember" our fallen heroes. It's sickening. How can Americans stand by,
shake their heads and tacitly accept such a degrading concept?

Maybe they just don't take it seriously any more. That's possible. After all,
no one believes that Clinton actually tells the truth about anything. It's
all a big show. He's constantly reinventing himself in a cascading torrent of
disingenuousness. In other words, he lies. He lies about anything and
everything -- for good reason and for no reason.

A perfect example occurred last Thursday but got very little attention over
the holiday weekend.

Former Los Angeles Dodgers manager Tommy Lasorda ran into Clinton at the Sons
of Italy Foundation dinner at the National Building Museum in Washington.

Lasorda spoke first -- explaining that he never voted for Clinton.

"My father was a Republican, and his father was a Republican," Lasorda said.
"So someone once asked me, 'If your father was a thief, and his father was a
thief, would that make you a thief?' I said, 'That would make me a
Democrat.'"

Pretty good line. Of course, some of us believe there are plenty of thieves
in both parties.

But a few minutes later, Clinton takes the podium and makes no comment on
Lasorda's barbs. Instead, he says something quite amazing.

"I'd like to recognize one of my heroes since I was a kid -- Tommy Lasorda,"
he told audience members.

After his speech, a beaming Clinton darted over to Lasorda: "Hey, how ya
doing? I am so glad to see you," the president said, giving Lasorda a bear
hug.

So what is so amazing about that statement? Well, it reminds me of the
statement Clinton once made regarding his childhood memories of churches
burning in Arkansas when he was a kid. Neither memory has any truth to it
whatsoever.

No Arkansas churches burned when Bill Clinton was a kid. Nor could Clinton
have possibly looked up to Lasorda as a childhood hero. Why?

Lasorda pitched in the major leagues between 1954 and 1956. He appeared in a
total of 26 games. In his best year, 1956, he lost all four of his decisions.
He never won a major league game. His lifetime earned run average was a
not-too-impressive 6.15 in 58 and one-third innings. If you don't believe me,
check the stats yourself.

Lasorda did not become a national baseball figure until he began managing the
Los Angeles Dodgers in 1976. In 1976, Bill Clinton was hardly a kid. He lost
a race for Congress in 1974 and became Arkansas attorney general in '76.

Do you see what I mean? The man lies so easily -- about everything and about
nothing. He lies seamlessly and effortlessly -- even when there is no reason
for it. Tommy Lasorda his childhood hero, indeed.

Do you think Clinton was any more honest yesterday in honoring America's real
heroes?

A daily radio broadcast adaptation of Joseph Farah's commentaries can be
heard on TalkNetDaily

A vote for Bush or Gore is a vote to continue Clinton policies!
A vote for Buchanan is a vote to continue America!
Therefore a vote for Gore or Bush is a wasted vote for America!
Don't waste your vote!  Vote for Patrick Buchanan!

Today, candor compels us to admit that our vaunted two-party system is a
snare and a delusion, a fraud upon the nation. Our two parties have become
nothing but two wings of the same bird of prey...
Patrick Buchanan

**COPYRIGHT NOTICE** In accordance with Title 17 U. S. C. Section 107,

sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths,
misdirections
and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and
minor
effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said,
CTRL