DIG alfred webre wrote:

> << No denial going on here.  Just a request for the 'evidence' that is
>  claimed to exist, and which I notice YOU fail to provide, resorting instead
>  to personal attack.
>
>  June >>
>
> June, please read the evidence summarized in May 27, 2000 article:
> http://www.alienzoo.com/news/u/200005280005.cfm
>
> The hard evidence in these French reports now is formally stated to most
> strongly support an extraterrestrial hypothesis.  ETs are here and have been
> proven so, despite the best efforts of the USA military.
>
> What has been disconcerting in monitoring this thread is that the French
> report has been provided, and yet the ET-skeptical members have had no
> visible shift in attitude.  The "there are no UFOs or ETs" argument is OVER.
> Only in the minds of USA mind controllers and their mind-captive population
> (55% of the USA adults) do ETs and UFOs not exist.  My guess is that this
> list falls out pretty much with the general population: 45% are ET sensitive;
> 55% are ET skeptical or no opinion.
>
> Comprenez-vous?  Alfred

Dear 45% ET Sensitives,

I'm afraid that I must leave this thread. I can't continue without honestly
saying what I think. That would not be polite, and I'm always polite.

So being stuck here on the lovely Planet Earth, I must bid you farewell as
you soar beyond the reaches of reality into the Great Fog.

Take a sweater, it's cold and clammy in there.

Joshua2

                      Editorial Reviews

                      Sleeping with
                      Extra-Terrestrials, a critical assessment of the extent
                      to which U.S. society has succumbed to the irrational.

               Wendy Kaminer goes on to sift her way through pop spirituality
                      "classics" like The Celestine Prophecy and Conversations
                      with God and visits seminars by New Age gurus (leaving
                      her "amused and dismayed by the painful stupidities that
                      people embrace to ease their fears of death"), but
                      Sleeping with Extra-Terrestrials is not merely an
                      assault on religion--Kaminer also attacks purveyors of
                      junk science, the influence of the recovered-memory
                      movement on both feminism and the American court system,
                      and the "cyberspacy" claims made by boosters of
                      technological progress. Whether she's considering the
                      extensive belief in UFOs and alien abductions or
                      wondering why so many people worshipped Princess Diana
                      in the hour of her death, Kaminer shows how an
                      unrestrained culture of faith "encourages passivity,
                      gullibility, and a childlike craving for authority."
                      Rationalists will find her skepticism a refreshing
                      tonic. --Ron Hogan

                      The New York Times Book Review, Caroline Knapp
                      The world, it seems, has gone to hell in a handbasket,
                      and Kaminer--a sharp, outspoken thinker--sees evidence
                      of this at every turn.

                      From Kirkus Reviews
                      A thorough examination of faith-based beliefs, from
                      visitations by angels to abductions by aliens, with a
                      detailed list of the problems these beliefs create in
                      society at large. Cultural commentator Kaminer (I'm
                      Dysfunctional, You're Dysfunctional: The Recovery
                      Movement and Other Self-Help Fashions, 1992, etc.)
                      covers broad ground in her criticisms. Shes not afraid
                      to lump together established religious groups and the
                      followers of New Age movements in her presentation of
                      their influence on... read more

                      Book Description
                      In Sleeping with Extra-Terrestrials, Wendy Kaminer
                      argues that we are a society intoxicated by the
                      irrational: religion, spirituality, and popular
                      therapies threaten to replace rational thought with
                      supernaturalism and impassioned but unexamined personal
                      testimony. Ranging from our fascination with angels,
                      aliens, and near- death experiences to the rise of junk
                      science, the recovery movement, and the digital culture,
                      Kaminer points out the amusing and ominous effects of
                      our deference to... read more

sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths,
misdirections
and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and
minor
effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said,
CTRL