SkeptiNews 000607b - - - - - - - - - - - All The News That's Fit To Question

* Last batch of bulletins: http://web.pitas.com/skeptinews/06_06_2000.html
* Passages starting with ':' are editorial comments to provoke discussion.
* PLEASE do NOT include the ENTIRE bulletin when you reply; cut/paste, eh?
* Site of latest notices, praises, discoveries: http://skeptilog.pitas.com
* No geckos were genetically engineered to produce this bulletin. Not yet.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ The Sun King Rules: http://www.users.dircon.co.uk/~redessa/sun-king/rules/
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Outerspace Sailing Ship Unveiled. BERLIN (AP) - Just as early explorers
  reached new continents in sailing ships, so will humans sail out into the
  solar system - but by harnessing the power of sunlight instead of wind.
  That's the vision of a group of engineers who unveiled a prototype solar
  sail designed to capture the energy of the sun and transport humans and
  cargo through space without engines or fuel. It can do it at speeds of
  223,220 mph, nearly 10 times as fast as the U.S. space shuttle and quick
  enough to get you from Los Angeles to New York in a little over a minute.
  "This is our mission, to project mankind beyond the loneliness of our
  own solar system," said Nersi Razavi, whose Paris-based company Star
  of Tolerance is the first to contract the solar sail for commercial
  use. http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2567142802-657

: Have you sailed to any new planets/stars/galaxies/universes lately? Do the
Reptilioids depend on solar sails? Are they incredibly patient? Can we hope
to out-wait them? Whaddya do if you sail tears when you're between stars??
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# I was lost, but now I'm found: LOST CITY DISCOVERED IN PERUVIAN JUNGLE -
  ARCHAEOLOGISTS DISCOVER 3 LOST EGYPTIAN CITIES - LOST CITIES FOUND UNDER
  MEDITERRANEAN - TURKEY DELAYS FLOODING OF ANCIENT ROMAN CITY - ANCIENT
  CITY FOUND, IRRADIATED FROM ATOMIC BLAST: http://revelation66.pitas.com/

@ STONE, TONES, AND STONEHENGE: Alphanumeric Synchronicities And Ancient
  Tales Of Singing Stones. La la la la: http://www.caus.org/cz052600.htm
@ Another Stonehenge - wind whistles thru megaliths along Columbia River:
  http://www.dusty-corner-of-the.net/hotsprings/washington/maryhill.html

# Skyscrapers of the Sands. Do these unique 30m tall obelisks represent
  something more than memorials to ancient dead Ethiopian kings? Author
  JJ points out the remarkable similarity with current highrise building
  techniques found in cities throughout our modern world. Closer examination
  of this picture reveals strikingly detailed structural evidence in support
  of such a proposal. http://www.farshore.force9.co.uk/jj_sots.htm

: Have you discovered/hidden/designed/obliterated (m)any ancient structures
lately? What's your favorite lost city/temple/megalith/civilization? Do lost
sites deserve to remain lost? Were they lost for a good reason? Can we care?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# POLL: MOST IN US LOVE NEW TECHNOLOGIES. Nearly half of all U.S. households
  have Internet access, and suburbanites lead the way in embracing new home
  technologies: http://CNN.com/2000/TECH/computing/06/06/digital.innovation/

# Popular Firewall Vulnerable To DoS. A security wonk has found a flaw in a
  popular firewall that makes it vulnerable to denial-of-service attacks.
http://computerworld.com/home/print.nsf/(frames)/000607E692?OpenDocument&~f

# Poll: Few Affected By I Love You Virus. Fewer than one in 15 U.S. firms
  suffered substantial disruption because of the "I Love You" virus. Whew.
  http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1005-200-2029120.html?tag=st.ne.ron.lthd.ni

: Have any new technologies seduced/overwhelmed/infected/zapped you lately?
Do you love new technologies anyway? Do they take over your brain, reducing
your critical/analytical reflex, insinuate themselves into your unconscious?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Gecko's amazing sticky feet. (BBC) The mystery of how geckos manage to
  scurry up walls and stick to ceilings may have been solved by scientists.
  It seems the little lizards have a network of tiny hairs and pads on their
  feet which produce electrical attractions that literally glue the animals
  down. http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_781000/781611.stm

@ Links - Kellar Autumn Lab http://www.lclark.edu/~autumn/dept/index.html
@ Robert J Full http://polypedal.berkeley.edu/Profs_office/Full/Full_home

# Also - Lucky Lizard - but is this all a Reptilioid/Republican plot?
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_253000/253510.stm
# The incredible shrinking iguana - Honey, I Shrunk The Reptilioid!
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_593000/593590.stm

: Have you climbed any walls lately?Did Reptilioids help/engineer/breed you?
Have you driven anyone up the wall? Would you like to be modified to walk as
geckos do? Would you like to modify others? Who would you start with? When??
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Space Weather News for June 7, 2000. Following close on the heels of yes-
  terday's two X-class solar flares, a third powerful X-class flare erupted
  today at approximately 1545 UT.  Soon after, coronagraphs on the orbiting
  Solar and Heliospheric Observatory detected a faint full halo coronal mass
  ejection. It appears to be heading in the direction of Earth at ~800 km/s.
  This latest full halo CME will probably extend the geomagnetic disturban-
  ces expected to begin Thursday when an interplanetary shock wave spawned
  by a CME on June 6 collides with Earth's magnetosphere.  Aurora watchers
  are advised to be on the alert for Northern Lights beginning after sunset
  on Thursday, June 8. For more information: http://www.spaceweather.com

: Are the Sun Godz trying to destroy/stimulate/warm/warn/amuse/frighten us?
If you were a solar deity, how many flares would you direct at Earth in Y2K?
When neon lights glow spontaneously, are we doomed? Are you looking up? Why?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

SkeptiBriefs:

# Russia Goes Gaga For Paranormal - Church left fuming as Russians put their
  faith in prophets, pyramids: http://www.farshore.force9.co.uk/p_russfa.htm
# Website reveals Revelations: http://cosmiverse.com/paranormal060601.html
# Crucifix Oozes Mystery Goo: http://www.farshore.force9.co.uk/p_crucif.htm

# Internet 'Adultery' a Sin, Catholic Magazine Says. ROME (Reuters)
  Forget about phone sex. That's stone age stuff. What has the editors of
  an Italian Catholic magazine worried these days is "adultery" over the
  Internet. http://news.excite.com/news/r/000607/11/odd-life-websex-dc

@ ("Silent Sounds") http://www.raven1.net/silsoun2.htm
@ "Aerial Mind Control" http://www.raven1.net/commsolo.htm
$ Antiquarian Supernatural Books: http://www.violetbooks.com/

# Hungarians to Rebuild Palace of Hun King Attila. BUDAPEST (Reuters)
  The palace of Attila, King of the Huns, will be rebuilt on its supposed
  original site in the Hungarian plain in Tapioszentmarton, the mayor of the
  town said. http://news.excite.com/news/r/000607/11/odd-hungary-attila-dc

# US Physicists Claim to Have Broken the Speed of Light - ticketed by LAPD:
 http://www.sunday-times.co.uk/news/pages/sti/2000/06/04/stifgnusa01007.html
# Faster than a speeding light wave - more powerful than a UFOlogist:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_781000/781199.stm

# UFOlogists seek answers to ET light & quakes. UFO researchers have begun a
  new probe into the relationship of atmospheric "balls of light" reportedly
  associated with earthquakes. http://cosmiverse.com/paranormal060501.html
# UK Pilot Films Mojave UFO: http://www.farshore.force9.co.uk/uforep03.htm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

  "If a man believes not in himself, how can he honestly expect to
   fool anyone else?" --  http://www.SleazyTabloid.com

* Rev.R.Carter, ULC * http://skepticon.pitas.com * FAX: 603-415-3736
* SkeptiNews bulletins now *ONLINE* at: http://skeptinews.pitas.com/
* Fringes of Thought, Experience, Behavior, Knowledge, Foreboding...

sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths,
misdirections
and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and
minor
effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said,
CTRL