Ft. Worth, Texas
Tarrent County
360th court

Criminal court
McLennen County - Texas [Waco]
if the DA does decide to prosecute
Was arrested and spent a night in jail
FIVE days after the alleged abuse.

The kids are with a abusive father curtsey of CPS
but
looking at what I wrote it could seem like I was abusive.

My 9 year old who is almost as tall as I am was not going to
listen to me and was hysterical.  My life guard training kicked in
and by Texas Good Samaritan law I treated him as an adult and
slapped him on both cheeks when he proceeded to kick my head.
(I was leaning on his stomach on the ground) I tapped his head
open handed (lightly).

No bruises - light stinging slaps only - not for discipline.
but illegal to do to a child.
He had lied about why he had been suspended that day at school and
If his dad can say that Michael was not abused but that the child was
attacking him.  Michael may not be protected by the child abuse law.
Michael was doing something that would have adult consequences and was
treated as an adult.

- Next time will take Michael to the therapist instead!!!!!
I also have an young CPS agent and she has a young supervisor.
Not having fun.
ThePiedPiper 08June2000

--

http://ThePiedPiper.tripod.com/site_map.htm