New York Post-June 15, 2000

NEAL TRAVIS' NEW YORK

GOLF CLUBS WON'T BEND FOR BILL

WHEN the Clintons moved to Chappaqua, I listed some local country
clubs where Bill might play. But a follow-up survey in the August
issue of Golf & Travel magazine says, "Clinton, like O.J., may
find his golf options limited."

It seems none of the leading Westchester clubs is willing to make
any kind of exception for the lame-duck president. Most of those
surveyed said he would have to join their waiting lists, if
indeed he was judged to be a suitable member.

Reed Miller, president of Westchester Country Club in Rye,
responded: "I'm thinking of [Clinton] as just another candidate.
You have to say, is this a good person, a good member for the
club?"

Brett Morris, a manager of Wykagyl Country Club in New Rochelle,
said: "If [Clinton] did apply for membership, he would be put on
our waiting list. Right now, it's four years."

John Assumma, manager of Waccabuc Country Club, said Bill would
need sponsorship by amember and letters of support: "I don't
think any exception would be made for him."

Most of those approached said Clinton's scandals had nothing to
do with the situation. Instead, they thought the security
surrounding him, even after he leaves office, would inconvenience
members.

One place taking new members is the Manhattan Woods Golf Club in
West Nyack, half an hour from Chappaqua. "Last September, a
member acting as an intermediary for Vernon Jordan contacted club
owner Ken K. Lee regarding membership for the president," the
magazine reports. "Several weeks later, at Jordan's request, Lee
mailed the president two packets describing the club's membership
plan ... According to club general manager J. Phillip Hughes, the
club has yet to receive a response."

Could it be that Bill is thinking along Groucho Marx lines: not
wanting to join the one club that would accept him?

<snip>

Ignorance is diss?

SEEMS I was right in saying yesterday that no one in Hillary
Rodham Clinton's camp knew that Carll Tucker, who introduced her
at a Northern Westchester Hospital Center affair Tuesday, is
related by marriage to Monica Lewinsky and has savagely attacked
President Clinton in his Patent Trader column.

After Hillary's speech, I hear, a Patent Trader reporter asked
Hillary's flack, Howard Wolfson, if the candidate knew of
Tucker's position on her husband. Wolfson looked a bit confused.
"You know, I don't think she was aware of that," he replied. See
what a lack of local knowledge can do to you?

<snip balance>

             Kadosh, Kadosh, Kadosh, YHVH, TZEVAOT

  FROM THE DESK OF:                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      *Mike Spitzer*     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                         ~~~~~~~~          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

       Shalom, A Salaam Aleikum, and to all, A Good Day.

sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths,
misdirections
and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and
minor
effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said,
CTRL