SkeptiNews 000616a - - - - - - - - - - - All The News That's Fit To Question

* Yesterday's bulletins: http://web.pitas.com/skeptinews/15_06_2000.html
* Passages starting with ':' are editorial comments to provoke discussion.
* PLEASE do NOT include the ENTIRE bulletin when you reply; cut/paste, eh?
* Site of latest notices, praises, discoveries: http://skeptilog.pitas.com
* No e-alligators were sexually abused during production of this bulletin.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ Burning: http://news.excite.com/photo/img/ap/waco/questions/20000611/ny119
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Flying Triangles on the Increase. UFO reports in the US were low with less
  than 200 in April compared to 400 last November. However, Flying Triangle
  reports have increased inferring these may not be of extraterrestrial ori-
  gin. It is possible that UFOs are maintaining a low profile while our Sun
  continues its heavy solar storm activity. http://www.caus.org/ft061500.htm

# UFO, Orb, Rod? From: Todd Lemire <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  -- I'd like to get
  some feedback on a video capture from some Hi8 Video I took while filming
  "rods".  This 2 second video clip shows an astounding maneuver by some
  type of "orb".  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I didn't put
  much effort into the study of "rods" until I started taping these myself.
  Any ideas what this could be? http://members.home.net/tlemire/rods.html

: Have UFOs/orbs/rods/triangles/pentagons/vapors been hiding/flaunting/expo-
sing/killing themselves? Is there a relationship with solar activity? D'ya
increase/decrease your paranormal activities during solar maxima? Why not?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# First Interrogatories. The role of the Virginia National Guard (VNG) in
  collecting/analyzing/disseminating intelligence reports and other data
  about the incursion of the so-called "Flying Triangle" craft into the
  near-space envelope of Virginia skies: http://www.caus.org/pn061600.htm

# Misinfo at Space.com - June 13th article, "Mars Face Breaks Under Questio-
  ning" at http://www.space.com/opinionscolumns/opinions/ford_000613.html
  was filled with factual errors and opinions disguised as fact. NASA falsi-
  fication too. http://www.ufomind.com/ufo/updates/2000/jun/m15-010.shtml

# Lunar mission provokes more questions than answers. Watch the video
  animation of the Lunar Prospector's crash, and wonder where all the
  lunar water went: http://www.cosmiverse.com/paranormal061301.html

: Does your govt agency promulgate disinfo re: aliens/UFOs/paranormals/space
/me? Has your (dis)info been questioned? Should we believe anything you or
any other operative says? How can we tell if you're really an operative??
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# PREVALENCE OF UFO SIGHTINGS, CONTACTS, AND ABDUCTIONS IN AN HMO PRACTICE
  There have been recent medical gatherings and media publications in which
  respected psychiatric professionals have supported the claims of people
  who say they were abducted by UFO's. Some of these people have been found
  to be suffering from a type of post-traumatic stress disorder. A recent
  survey found a 2% potential UFO abduction rate in the general population.
  To discover the prevalence of both UFO abductions and sightings, and to
  establish the veracity and clinical relevance of these claims, I undertook
  a survey of my own HMO practice members. http://www.caus.org/pn061500.htm

: Have you seriously studied UFOs/ETs? Have they seriously studied you? D'ya
tell the truth about what you've found? Do they? Does anyone? Is there any
truth? Where? Are the best truths embedded in fiction? Is all truth fictive?

# The X-Files Phenomena - abducted away: http://www.caus.org/mc061500.htm
# The Death of the Borg: http://www.alienzoo.com/pop/s/200006160001.cfm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# First 'space tourist' announced. The world's first "citizen explorer" is
  revealed - the businessman will pay $20m to visit the Mir space station.
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_792000/792292.stm

# Also - Mir company looks to the future - because the past is gone:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_763000/763661.stm
# Mir spacewalk tests new glue - stick yourself together with ET guts:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_745000/745318.stm
# Successful docking for Mir - longshoremen threaten strike over wages:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_703000/703047.stm

# IONS DRIVING EVER ONWARD. After nearly 40 years of development and the
  successful flight of Deep Space 1 in 1998-1999, ion propulsion is ready
  to go: http://spacescience.com/headlines/y2000/ast15jun_1.htm?list

: Have you toured space lately? How much will you pay? Should BillGates be
sent into orbit? Should he be allowed to return? What's your favorite space
propulsion/glue/hallucinogen? Do spacewalks wear out your soles/souls? How?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Ghostbuster - Spooked by spectral visits from Henry VIII's fifth wife,
  Hampton Court Palace calls in Richard Wiseman. A posse of spooks haunts
  its stately halls. Faced with such ghastly guests, who ya gonna call?
  Richard Wiseman, that's who. The 33-year-old magician turned academic
  has become Britain's leading ghostbuster, finding scientific explanations
  for supernatural claims. http://www.alienzoo.com/news/p/200006150001.cfm

# "Sniffing detective" ages corpses. Here's a new twist on carbon-based
  entity dating. Scientists at Oak Ridge National Labs in Tennessee have
  discovered that "a corpse's characteristic chemical cocktail could reveal
  the time of death." http://www.cosmiverse.com/paranormal061602.html

: Have you sniffed any corpses/ghosts/aliens/robots lately? Do you have any
rational explanations for your irrational perceptions? Does your dog smell
too? What's your favorite dead entity? How many dead wives are enough? Why?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# UK Abduction Report. I had been abducted. As I had been driving along the
  whole lock, stock and barrel went up in the air. The car, everything went
  up into a ship, a spaceship! The "greys" did certain various "checks" on
  my person. Non-human looking creatures: http://www.caus.org/pc061600.htm

# Man, 68, falls in drain with alligator. "It's got me, it's got me," he
  shouted as a firefighter pulled him out by his feet. Reptoid foiled:
  http://www.sptimes.com/News/061600/TampaBay/Man_falls_in_with_all.shtml

# NASA's 'digital personnel' http://www.alienzoo.com/news/t/200006150011.cfm
# Octopus-Like ETs? http://ufomind.com/ufo/updates/2000/jun/m15-009.shtml
# Mapping universe then & now. http://alienzoo.com/news/y/200006150012.cfm
# BOfH Bloodies His Hands: http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/1/11291.html
# I was a crop-circle-making alien. www.alienzoo.com/news/u/200006150008.cfm

: Have you been abducted by reptilioids/octopoids/BOfHs/cerealogists/robots/
digitoids/greys lately? Have you escaped? Did you map the abduction site? Do
you remember it all clearly? Do the voices in your head remind you of it???
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

  "There is poetry in the laughter of a child -- because they experience
   humor in its purest form and, mostly, because 'ha' rhymes with 'ha'."
   -- http://www.SleazyTabloid.com

* Rev.R.Carter, ULC * http://skepticon.pitas.com * FAX: 603-415-3736
* SkeptiNews info & (un)subscribing: http://sonic.net/~ric/vsub.htm
* Fringes of Thought, Experience, Behavior, Knowledge, Foreboding...

sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths,
misdirections
and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and
minor
effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said,
CTRL