[This was sent to me, so I can not vouch for it's accuracy. --MS]

John Swinton, the former chief of staff of the "New York Times,"
called by his peers, "the dean of his profession", was asked in
1953 to give a toast before the New York Press Club. He responded
with the following statement:

"There is no such thing, at this date of the world's history, in
America, as an independent press. You know it and I know it.
There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions,
and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in
print.

"I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinions out of the paper
I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for
similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to
write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for
another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one
issue of my paper, before twenty-four hours my occupation would
be gone.

"The business of the Journalist is to destroy truth; To lie
outright; To pervert; To vilify; To fawn at the feet of mammon,
and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You
know it and I know it and what folly is this toasting an
independent press? We are the tools and vassals for rich men
behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the
strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and or lives
are all the property of other men.  We are intellectual
prostitutes."

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

             Kadosh, Kadosh, Kadosh, YHVH, TZEVAOT

  FROM THE DESK OF:                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      *Mike Spitzer*     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                         ~~~~~~~~          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

       Shalom, A Salaam Aleikum, and to all, A Good Day.

sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths,
misdirections
and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and
minor
effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said,
CTRL