In a message dated 8/13/00 11:15:55 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>This drug war is not about enforcing the Rule of Law. The drug war is
enforcing
>a rulling class global economic policy. It consolidates Wealth, Power and
>Control over the masses with an Iron fist and millions of prison cells.

Drug War Racism and the Ruling Class

 (12-26-98)

Excerpt from Drug War Economics: The Machine behind the Madness

I met Eldridge Cleaver several years ago in a meeting of activists in Glendora of all places. I dropped a bombshell on the crowd that got a nod from the Eldridge Cleaver himself. I stated, "Racism and brutality have a place in controlling society. It is apparent that racism is used to keep the minorities in their place. Far more important, however, racism was an example that kept the white man in their place as well."

I explained, I grew up in Charleston, South Carolina in the 1960s. Contrary to media hype, it wasn't that whites looked down on Blacks in the South. It was more like whites were afraid to stand up to the injustice, so they looked the other way instead. That is how you deal with a government that you are afraid of. You live your life as a grain of sand on the beach.

Once you have learned to bow down to injustice, if ordered, you will pick up a rock and participate in it as well. That's part of the process of learning your place in this institution called America. The reason I bring this up is, these corrupt drug laws enslave our legislature, as much or more than they enslave to public. Government is about power and control of resources where the power structure does not tollerate rogue legislators. These unenforcable drug laws enslave our legislature and force their co-operation as well.

Examples. Joycelyn Elders son was raked over the coals for $50 of Cocaine because Joycelyn Elders refused to co-operate with this dirty little war. When Dan Burton's son got popped for pounds of pot and walked away, Dan Burton was bought and paid for as well. If you don't think Obstruction of Justice was involved in that plea bargain you need another beer.

This is how the game is played in America. Our legislators are afraid to oppose this dirty little war because their bosses (and I don't mean the public) will ruin their political careers and their lives at the first sign of rebellion. This was the reason behind the swift and brutal crackdown on Proposition 215 in California. The trouble makers had to learn their place in society.

This drug war is not about enforcing the Rule of Law. The drug war is enforcing a rulling class global economic policy. It consolidates Wealth, Power and Control over the masses with an Iron fist and millions of prison cells. So remember, when our legislators refuse the Drug War carrots, they will feel the Drug War stick. Joycelyn Elders' son is an example to Congress and the government that cooperation is manditory. The backlash to Proposition 215 in California (medical marijuana initiave) is an example of repression for everyone else. Government is about power and control.

Sincerely, Jay Lindberg