AH!  Delta Green.  Well, this is "fiction" writing in the tradition of Lovecraft with
a modern edge.  Delta Green is a covert and illegal operation within the government of
the US who views its duty as rooting out the minions of the Old Ones and others of the
Cthulhu Myth Cycle and stopping their attempts at causing madness and destruction.  I
highly recommend the books and the web-site.  It is all very interesting stuff, and
merely fiction. . .but I have often wondered at how the actual events and high
strangness of history and existence (at least at times) correlates so well with much
of what Lovecraft started with his so-called myth cycle, as well as by the continued
propagation of it by countless writers over the years.

On Sat, 12 August 2000, Kris Millegan wrote:

> from:
> http://www.delta-green.com/home.html
> Click Here: <A HREF="http://www.delta-green.com/home.html">Delta-Green.com</A>
> -----
>

> Search:
> "Evil never dies. Darkness never retreats. In the cracks and the crevices of
> our society there are monsters undreamed of by the rank and file of humanity.
> I've been there. I've seen them. They exist in the spaces between things, in
> the folds of existence where we can't find them. Sometimes they cross over,
> sometimes they manifest, and all hell breaks loose. Only this is not Hell,
> nor Heaven. This is like nothing anyone has ever understood. This is pure
> evil, pure destruction. This is the Apocalypse."
> -- Maj. Gen. Reginald Fairfield, U.S. Army (Ret.), 25 FEB 1994

> More Tales of Terror
> Ideas. You want 'em. We got 'em. By the dozen, in all shapes and sizes. From
> ugly little beasts to raving monstrosities, and every horror in between.
> Scenario idea after scenario idea for Call of Cthulhu, each with three
> different ways to implement them so your players never know what's coming.
> Fresh, hot, and juicy, straight from the grill of grue--and bloody, bloody
> rare . . . Click the book above to find out more!

>     Accessing delta-green.com...
> Access approved.
> Accessing file...
> WELCOME TO THE DELTA GREEN WEB SERVER
> This is a database of critical information to be shared among case officers,
> agents, and other authorized parties.
> LAST UPDATE: 29 JUN 2000
> RELEASED BY: Christopher
> APPROVED BY: Alphonse, Adam [Cell A]
> UPDATE - 18 JULY 2000: Friendlies report that two Delta Green simulation
> manuals were recognized in the Origins Awards for Game Design, described as
> "the Oscars of gaming." DELTA GREEN: COUNTDOWN was awarded for Outstanding
> Achievement in Roleplaying Supplement Design, and DELTA GREEN: THE RULES OF
> ENGAGEMENT was awarded for Outstanding Game-Related Novel. Congratulations to
> the authors of these manuals for their fine work in expanding the influence
> of our group.
> LATEST INTELLIGENCE: New files at Delta-Green.com include a number of Case
> Histories, a chilling Field Report, several pieces of Imagery Intelligence,
> documentation of a dedicated Delta Green IRC server, an Agent Dossier, and
> one humor article in Section 8. Archival of the high-traffic Delta Green
> Mailing List continues on a more-or-less daily basis.
> ADDITIONAL INTELLIGENCE: A second printing of DELTA GREEN EYES ONLY VOLUME
> THREE: PROJECT RAINBOW is now in progress, and the book should be available
> for shipping by mid-July. DGEO3 is not sold in stores, and is only available
> through front company Pagan Publishing's mail-order catalog, The Outsider.
> Details may be found on their web site: www.tccorp.com.
> Interested parties can obtain the latest intelligence from front company
> [...]

"Welcome to the desert of the real."  Morpheus, in The Matrix

"My God it's full of stars!"  Dave Bowman, in 2001: A Space
Odyssey

Free Unlimited Internet Access! Try it now!
http://www.zdnet.com/downloads/altavista/index.html