WJPBR Email News List [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Peace at any cost is a Prelude to War!

 <A HREF="http://www.newsmax.com/articles/?a=2000/9/8/124439">President's
Column</A>
http://www.newsmax.com/articles/?a=2000/9/8/124439

President's Column

Charlton Heston

September 2000

Remember the adage "all politics is local." This year, national politics is
more local than ever. Because the state representatives you elect this
November will have the power, through congressional re-apportionment after
the 2000 census, to shape congressional districts – and thus stack the deck
for federal elections – for the next 10 years.
This first election of the new millennium could be the last chance for
America's first freedom: your right to keep and bear arms. So even if you
never do so again, this year, be a single-issue voter.

Right now, Al Gore and anti-gun politicians are pushing gun bans, gun
registration, gun owner licensing, gun rights rationing, gun sales databases,
gunowner photo ids, gun locks, gunmaker lawsuits, gun show shutdowns, gun
"buybacks," bans on toy guns and every other kind of feel-good but bad-idea
gun gimmick they can dream up.

If they win on November 7, for the next decade and beyond, they'll have more
power over your life and your rights than you probably ever imagined.

Think about it: The next president will have the power to appoint two or as
many as four Supreme Court justices in his first term alone. Not many people
realize how important those Supreme Court appointments really are.

But picture a Supreme Court stacked for the next 30 years to life with
Justices Charles Schumer, Ted Kennedy, Robert Torricelli and Frank
Lautenberg. Imagine how they'd "judge" what the Second Amendment means.

A Gore White House, backed by Gore-stacked courts and thousands of
Gore-picked bureaucrats in every cabinet of government, could affect every
aspect of your life.

Imagine having some Gore/IRS tax auditor ask you how many guns you own, and
what they're worth – because the Treasury Department institutes some new "gun
safety excise tax."

Imagine your 10-year-old son bringing home a standardized test that asks if
your family owns firearms, because Gore's Department of Education decides to
build a database of so-called "high-risk students."

Imagine applying for a permit to carry a firearm and having your local police
chief or judge refuse you because their bosses are suing the firearms
industry at the behest of a Gore Department of Housing and Urban Development
– and they've been told to "curb the proliferation of firearms" in your
county.

Imagine when a federal duck stamp costs $100 because Fish and Wildlife wants
more money to test deer birth control or "low-impact" wildlife management. Or
when the price of ammunition has tripled because some Gore epa administrator
decrees that lead is too much of an "environmental hazard."

That's just what The White House can do through its appointments.

On Capitol Hill, all 435 seats in the u.s. House of Representatives are up
for grabs, along with 33 in the u.s. Senate. Our pro-gun majorities are
already razor-thin in both chambers.

If gun owners lose even a handful of allies in either one, it could tip the
scales and topple our freedoms.

Even at the state level, the stakes are enormous. In addition to the
governors of 11 states, voters this year will choose countless state
representatives. That may not give you cause for concern, but remember the
adage "all politics is local."

This year, national politics is more local than ever. Because the state
representatives you elect this November will have the power, through
congressional re-apportionment after the 2000 census, to shape congressional
districts – and thus stack the deck for federal elections – for the next 10
years.

At the age of 75, I signed on for an unprecedented third term as president of
the National Rifle Association for one overriding reason: to ensure our right
to keep and bear arms is not lost in this year's elections.

Join me by getting involved.

Visit NRAILA.org and NRALive.com for all the news on Election 2000. Call the
NRA Institute for Legislative Action's Grassroots Division at (800) 392-vote
for information on voter registration and pro-Second Amendment efforts in
your local area. Check nra-ila's ratings of the candidates and vote
accordingly. Button-hole friends, gun club members and fellow gun owners and
get them to do the same. Volunteer. Contribute your manpower and money to
nra-ila and pro-gun candidates.

If all of us do our duty, we can stop this dangerous attack on our freedoms
once and for all with one clear, compelling warning used on our nation's
first flag: "Don't tread on me!"

A vote for Bush or Gore is a vote to continue Clinton policies!
A vote for Buchanan is a vote to continue America!
Therefore a vote for Gore or Bush is a wasted vote for America!
Don't waste your vote!  Vote for Patrick Buchanan!

Today, candor compels us to admit that our vaunted two-party system is a
snare and a delusion, a fraud upon the nation. Our two parties have become
nothing but two wings of the same bird of prey...
Patrick Buchanan