-Caveat Lector-

WJPBR Email News List [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Peace at any cost is a Prelude to War!

Report: Russia, China join forces against US
Saturday, 30 September 2000 16:23 (ET)

Report: Russia, China join forces against US

 WASHINGTON, Sept. 30 (UPI) -- A congressional report has warned that
Russia and China have grown closer recently in order to pursue a joint goal
of reducing U.S. power and influence around the world, the Washington Times
said Saturday.

 The report, drafted by a group of House Republican analysts that blamed
the growing alliance on the Clinton administration's "mismanagement" of U.S.
policy toward Russia, has had the effect of turning Moscow toward China in a
partnership on arms sales that dovetails with desires to increase military
capabilities.

 "The sale of increasingly sophisticated Russian weaponry and technology to
(China), and the establishment of close security cooperation between Beijing
and Moscow, calls into question the fundamental prediction under-girding
much of the Clinton administration's security planning: that the United
States will face no peer competitor in the military field during the next
two decades," the report said.

 Russia and China have also been cooperating recently in areas such as
intelligence, and apparently desire to reduce U.S. influence in the Pacific.

 Rep. Curt Weldon, R-Penn., a member of the House GOP panel that received
the report, said the White House muffed a chance in 1992 to create a formal
security alliance with Russia, and that Moscow decided to go elsewhere for
such a partnership.

 The alliance between Moscow and Beijing was cemented, the newspaper said,
when a U.S. bomb struck the Chinese embassy in Belgrade during the Kosovo
air campaign, and when NATO expanded its membership over Moscow's
objections.

 "We drive Russia and China together," Weldon told the Times. "The level of
high-technology weapons transfers has never been higher."
--
Copyright 2000 by United Press International.
All rights reserved.

A vote for Bush or Gore is a vote to continue Clinton policies!
A vote for Buchanan is a vote to continue America!
Therefore a vote for Gore or Bush is a wasted vote for America!
Don't waste your vote!  Vote for Patrick Buchanan!

Today, candor compels us to admit that our vaunted two-party system is a
snare and a delusion, a fraud upon the nation. Our two parties have become
nothing but two wings of the same bird of prey...
Patrick Buchanan