-Caveat Lector-

> From: "Yardbird"
> > This incident occurred in Canada and seems to highlight a concern made
by
> > Americans who support the BSA - that placing young children in intimate
> > circumstances with sleazy adults who may exploit such an environment to
> > sexually abuse those children is a very real concern. In this case a
> > hetero male used precisely such an opportunity to prey on girls so why
> > isn't it equally valid to think that a homo predator would use a similar
> > situation to steal some Cub's Fruit o' the Looms?

> Because you seem to have missed the bit that it was another MALE leader
who apprehended the
> pervert stealing Brownies' underpants.
 > In other words, not all heterosexuals are pedophiles.  Just as all
homosexuals are not pedophiles.

> June

I really believe it was you June who missed Yardbirds point.

June lets face it.... NOBODY is arguing that pedophilia is either:
 a) predetermined by an individuals sexual orientation.
or
b) precluded by an individuals sexual orientation. You know it, I know it,
the whole list knows it.

Whether or not the culprit was caught by a male or female is in this case
irrelevent and moot.

If the BSA was to allow homosexual men to be scout leaders, whom would the
pedophile segment of
that group prey on? Boys obviously.

And if the BSA also had some HETEROsexual leaders who were ALSO pedophiles
whom would they prey on?
NOBODY because there's no young girls in the boy scouts.

So IOW that would leave the pedophile percentage of the homosexual
population with their choice of sexual
conquest at their disposal. Whereas the hetero-pedophiles would still have
NOBODY to molest.

Basically you've said time and time again June that you'd like to see the
ONLY group with any reasonable
feasibility of molesting boy scouts allowed to participate. Can you explain
that?

I think we all agree here June that pedophiles come in both flavors.... my
question is:

Which one will be molesting the boys?

Mike Smith