An informally produced compendium of vital irregularities.

"We're living in rad times!"
QUOTE:
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better
than the animating contest of freedom, go
home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and
lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and
may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
--Samuel Adams, speech at the Philadelphia State House, August 1, 1776
Contents:
---------------
--Thought for the Week
--Dems Call Florida Voters About Ballots Before Polls Closed
--Republicans begin to air doubts over Bush tactics
--Russia Prepares for a Bush Presidency
--ABC Posted Results One Day Before Election [2/24/00]
--The Pollsters: Outcome Online Before Voting Is Done [2/23/00]
Linked stories:
         *Palm Beach voter class action
         *The first election suit
         *California Internet Voting Task Force
Begin stories:
Thought for the Week

<http://www.rawilson.com/main.html>

by Robert Anton Wilson
8 As 128 Era Pataphysique

for Col. Hugh Romney, USAF [ret.] [aka Wavy Gravy]

I have never enjoyed an election more, or had my animal spirits raised
higher by the results. I feel, in short, just like I did in Berlin the week
before the Wall came down: a quantum jump seems about to happen.
My perennial candidate, Nobody, scored another stunning victory. The
majority of citizens simply ignored the Gush/Bore/TSOG* Control Machine,
and "voted for Nobody," i.e. didn't vote at all. Unlike alienated artists
of the past, I belong to the majority party, the millions who looked over
the candidates and decided they trusted Nobody.
According to the latest [wobbly] figures, since Gush and Bore each got the
vote of [roughly] 25% of the eligible voters, and Nobody got the vote of
[roughly] 50%, then Nobody won. Adding the "protest votes" for Nader,
Browne etc., Nobody won even bigger, around 55%. since in this carefully
rigged system, third party votes are, in effect, votes for Nobody. The
people who voted for those "minority" candidates certainly didn't expect
them to win; they just expressed their contempt for the 2 Lying Bastards
more actively than those of us who just stayed home, got stoned and looked
at Three Stooges videos.
I celebrate the majority with Whitmanesque rhapsody. The so-called Elite,
specifically, the ˝ of 1% who own damn near everything, especially the
politicians and the media spent THREE BILLION DOLLARS on this malign fiesta
and still couldn't convince most of us that a choice between two
over-rouged old whores like Gush and Bore matters a damn.
A few hours ago, I heard a pundit on CNN announce that whoever enters the
White House on 20 January 2001 will know that "half the country" regards
him as a fraud and usurper. As usual, the media got the facts wrong; they
ignored the landslide 55% who chose Nobody. Whichever Lying Bastard enters
the White House that day will seem a fraud and usurper to 80% of the
country, the 25% who prefer the other Lying Bastard + the 55% who prefer
Nobody.
This seems wonderful to me. Liberty can survive only as long as most people
distrust their government, and falls into decline and the "sickness unto
death " whenever the people trust a government too damn much.
Besides, I think it's time to abolish politicians entirely and let
everybody participate in self-government via Internet. We needed
representatives in the 18th Century, because we couldn't all go to
Washington. Meanwhile, times changed and our "representatives" have sold us
out to the corporations, as we in the majority party all agree, whatever
our differences in other matters. And we don't need "representatives"
anymore; we have the Net technology to represent ourselves.
In that evolutionary sense, every vote for Nobody really represents a vote
for Everybody.
----
*TSOG [Tsarist Occupation Government]
<http://www.rawilson.com/prethought.html#tsog>
According to a widely discussed article by Seymour Hersh [The New Yorker,
May 22, 2000, pp. 49-82] our current Tsar [Gen. Barry McCaffrey] seems
guilty of war crimes under the Nuremberg rules. This surprises me about as
much as the news that the Pope lists his religious affiliation as Catholic,
or that furry mammals of the ursine family perform their excretory
functions in sylvan environments. Bill Clinton may be 77 kinds of
sonofabitch, as most of us think, but he's no fool. When he picks a Tsar,
he finds the right sort of man for the job. But with the march of
technology, and the almost daily announcements of new marvels and
monstrosities of genetic engineering Bore or Gush might surpass him; they
might dig up the bones and clone Ivan the Terrible.

Dems Call Florida Voters About Ballots Before Polls Closed

By John Solomon Associated Press Writer
Friday, Nov.  10, 2000

WASHINGTON ­­ Faced with a cliffhanger election, the Democratic
Party directed a telemarketing firm on Election Night to begin
calling thousands of voters in Palm Beach, Fla., to raise
questions about a disputed ballot and urge them to contact local
election officials.

The Democratic National Committee paid Texas-based TeleQuest to
make the calls Tuesday night ­ while polls were still open ­
alerting voters in the heavily Democratic enclave in Florida of
possible confusion with the ballots they cast.

"Some voters have encountered a problem today with punch card
ballots in Palm Beach County," the script for the call said.
"These voters have said that they believe that they accidentally
punched the wrong hole for the incorrect candidate."

"If you have already voted and think you may have punched the
wrong hole for the incorrect candidate, you should return to the
polls and request that the election officials write down your
name so that this problem can be fixed," the script said.

The firm took the names and numbers of voters who said they may
have cast an errant ballot, providing the Democratic Party a list
of about 2,400 voters in the county who thought they may have
misvoted.

If voters were about to go to the polls, the script called for
the caller to instruct them to "be sure to punch Number 5 for
Gore-Lieberman" and "do NOT punch any other number as you might
end up voting for someone else by mistake."

Democratic National Committee spokeswoman Jenny Backus said the
party had been making traditional get-out-the-vote calls all over
the country Tuesday, but shifted gears in Palm Beach after
hearing local news reports about possible voter confusion.

"Once we were informed by local news accounts of the magnitude of
the problem with confusion about the ballot, we shifted our
scripts to make sure that people who were voting were aware of
the questions and confusion around the ballot," she said.

The maneuver indicates that long before Americans awoke to the
reality of the Florida ballot dispute, Democrats were already
mobilizing voters there.  The concern has focused on Palm Beach,
where 19,000 ballots were disqualified and hundreds of voters
have said they mistakenly voted for Patrick Buchanan while trying
to vote for Gore.

Within hours of the phone campaign, hundreds of Democratic voters
had called election officials in Palm Beach to complain they may
have been confused by the ballot and voted for the wrong
candidate.

Some Palm Beach County voters have filed lawsuits seeking a new
vote.

The outcome of the dispute is key because George W.  Bush is
leading Gore by a mere 327 votes after a statewide recount.  The
winner of Florida will lay claim to the electoral votes needed to
become the nation's 43rd president.

The calls indicate that Democrats were concerned about Palm Beach
problems even before they knew Florida's vote would end in a
razor-thin margin, said American University political science
professor Candice Nelson.

"To the extent there have been accusations that Democrats didn't
cry foul until they realized Wednesday that Bush may have won,
this cuts the other way," she said.

Nelson and other political and legal experts said the calls were
perfectly legal but could have contributed to what appeared to
most Americans to be a spontaneous explosion of concern in
Florida the morning after the election.

"I think those kinds of calls make perfect sense," Nelson said.
"In terms of people getting riled up, it would be a tactic that
might energize voters who might otherwise not have realized they
may have mistakenly voted for the wrong candidate."

One Florida Democrat said Republicans would take similar action
had the tables been turned.

"They'd be fighting this thing tooth and nail for months and
months," said Wayne Brewer, 45, of Juneau, Fla.

"They knew they ...  lost, and now they want to win on an
assumption," he said, speaking outside the government center in
West Palm Beach.

Wade Scott, an account manager with TeleQuest, said Democratic
Party officials contacted his company shortly before 6 p.m.  EST
Tuesday to make the calls.

With only an hour to go before Florida polls closed, his company
mobilized all of its telemarketers to make some 5,000 calls in
less than 45 minutes, Scott said.

"It was a very short burst of calling for our industry," Scott
said.  He said only about 100 of the voters in Palm Beach it
contacted hadn't voted, and about 2,400 felt they may have made a
mistake on the ballot.

Republicans begin to air doubts over Bush tactics

Electronic Telegraph-Tuesday 14 November 2000
By Toby Harnden, in Austin

GEORGE W. BUSH was facing increasing criticism from his own party
yesterday for his handling of the post-election struggle for Florida.

  Some Republicans even criticised him for turning to James Baker
III, one of his father's most steadfast allies, to represent him
in Florida. Mr Baker's bid to prevent hand recounts failed
yesterday, giving Democrats a potentially crucial advantage as
final vote totals were being calculated.

  William Safire, the New York Times columnist and former
speechwriter for President Nixon, wrote that Mr Baker was "always
more of a lawyer than a politician" and had made tactical errors
in Florida. Despite his vast political and governmental
experience, Mr Baker, 70, a Texas lawyer who became Secretary of
State during President Bush's administration, seemed to have
miscalculated public opinion in Florida and to have been
outmanoeuvred by his Democratic adversaries.

  Having initially portrayed Mr Gore as the candidate who trusted
lawyers rather than the electoral process, the Bush campaign made
a volte face on Saturday. Alarmed that hand recounts in four
Democratic counties would hand Florida to Mr Gore, Mr Baker
announced a lawsuit aimed at stopping them.

  The Bush campaign's initial error was failing to request
recounts in Republican counties within the stipulated 72 hours.
In the early stages of the election aftermath, Republicans were
so sure they had won they did not consider this necessary.
Saturday's decision appeared to compound this mistake.

  Instead of calling for the 72-hour deadline to be waived so that
hand recounts could be held in all 67 Florida counties, Mr Baker
sought - and failed - to prevent the four already applied for
under the usual procedures. Members of the Bush campaign admitted
yesterday that this was not only a risky legal gambit but also
one that had forced Mr Bush to cede the moral high ground he had
occupied earlier in the week.

  Mr Baker, a constant behind-the-scenes figure during the
campaign, has now indicated that the Bush campaign may be forced
to look for extra electoral college votes by demanding recounts
in Iowa, Wisconsin, New Mexico and Oregon. The chances of Mr Bush
winning all these states through recounts are remote. Moreover,
having argued that it was Mr Gore who was prolonging the nation's
agony, any such move could be politically disastrous for any
Geroge W Bush presidency.

  Mr Bush may have offended the natural instincts of his party in
being seen as the first candidate to rush to the courts.
Republicans tend to trust the political rather than the legal
process, although Bush aides responded by arguing that they were
merely responding in kind to the eight lawsuits filed by Gore
supporters.

  Mr Baker was also facing the difficult prospect of having to
apply belatedly for hand recounts in all 67 of Florida's
counties, even though his argument in court yesterday was that
hand recounts were intrinsically unfair and time-consuming. There
were mutterings within the Bush camp that the Texas governor's
leaking of White House appointments and attempts to persuade the
public that he was concentrating on planning for his presidency
were beginning to look foolish.

  They could also alienate the moderate opinion he would need
behind him if he were to govern the country. Last Thursday, he
decided not to dispatch a team of some 70 lawyers and campaign
workers from Austin because his brother Jeb told him the state
party had enough strength on the ground.

  Jeb Bush had assured him in advance that he would carry Florida
and, on election night, that the vote was his. Some Republicans
winced when they heard that Mr Bush had quoted his brother in his
second conversation with Mr Gore - prompting the Vice President
to remark that Florida was not Jeb Bush's to give.

  Mr Bush's apparent complacency since the election mirrors his
approach in its closing days. Nine days before the vote, he took
a full Sunday off to spend time at his ranch and spent valuable
time in states such as California, Oregon, Washington and New
Jersey that he was unlikely to win. On the night before the
election, Mr Bush returned to Austin at 11pm while his opponent
travelled to Florida for midnight and dawn appearances.

Russia Prepares for a Bush Presidency

The Russia Journal
November 11-17, 2000
By EKATERINA LARINA

The neck-and-neck and still-undecided U.S. presidential election may have
Americans on edge and the rest of the world totally baffled, but political
discussions in Russia during the week focused on the implications of a
George W. Bush presidency.

"A Bush victory would be positive for Russia," said Vyacheslav Nikonov, the
president of Fond Politika. "For us, despite the Republicans' more
threatening rhetoric, things were always better with the Republicans than
with the Democrats."

Many others agreed, saying that Russia might have warmer personal feelings
for Democratic contender and current Vice President Al Gore, but they think
that nonetheless, Bush could actually prove a better partner in getting
things done around the world.

"Detente began when [Richard] Nixon was in power; the Cold War ended while
[Ronald] Reagan was president; and START-2 was signed while George Bush Sr.
was president," Nikonov said, referring to three other Republican
presidents.

"But it was under [Harry] Truman that the Cold War began; the Cuban missile
crisis took place during [John F.] Kennedy's time; and the [Bill] Clinton
presidency saw an eight-year long worsening in Russian-American relations,"
he added, naming off three Democratic leaders.

Russian observers are unanimous in saying that a Republican administration
would be less inclined than a Democratic one to meddle in Russia's domestic
affairs. The experts welcome even the fact that the Republicans would make
more demanding and pragmatic partners, saying that this would do more to
help the Russians bring order to their affairs than the Democrats' abstract
rhetoric.

"The harsher the demands on us, the quicker we'll understand that there is
no easy road and that we have to work hard to hold on to our place under
the sun," said Fyodor Shelov-Kovedyayev, who was a first deputy foreign
minister in the early 1990s. "There's an old German proverb that goes:
'Sometimes, to take a step forward, all you need is a kick in the backside.'
"

Shelov-Kovedyayev has worked with both the Bush Sr. and Clinton
administrations. He said that the Republicans make a point of standing up
for issues they consider part of U.S. national interests, but at the same
time, they know how to respect the clearly motivated interests of their
partners.

"If we have a clearly thought out and formulated national interest, which
we can explain and justify, the Republicans will show respect for our point
of view," said Shelov-Kovedyayev. "With the Democrats, we would see a more
abstract approach, more humanitarian rhetoric and so on."

Nikonov thought the Republicans could have more freedom than the Democrats
in their relations with Russia. Firstly, because they wouldn't have to fear
being accused of betraying national interests, and secondly, because there
are a number of moments that cast a shadow over Russia's cooperation with
the Democrats.

"The Republicans have a clear pro-American policy and are not afraid to be
accused of betraying national interests," he said. "At the same time,
paradoxical as it may seem, it is the Democratic establishment that counts
among its ranks the greatest number of people from Eastern Europe, who have
a whole range of prejudices. Most Republicans, meanwhile, are Anglo-Saxons
and don't feel any genetic complex toward Russia."

Even Russia's Communists, who by definition are on the left of the
political spectrum, feel more sympathy for Bush Jr. and would rather see a
Republican administration in the United States, according to observers.

"The Republicans always followed a more balanced, conservative policy with
regard to Russia, and unlike the Democrats, didn't try to meddle in our
domestic affairs," said Andrei Andreyev, a spokesman for the State Duma's
Communists. "As for the fact that the Republicans won't be lenient when it
comes to debts and loans, it's high time we learned to live according to
our means."

In his statements on the U.S. elections, President Vladimir Putin was
careful not to show outward sympathy for either one or other of the
candidates. Speaking to journalists in Rostov-on-Don, he said only that the
United States "is one of our most important partners, and we have therefore
examined carefully the programs of both candidates. [Both programs] speak
clearly of developing relations with Russia, and this approach suits us."

Other officials have also kept to a carefully neutral position.

"I can't add anything to what the president said," said Security Council
spokesman Vladimir Nikanorov. "We respect the choice of the American people
and will work with the president they elect."

Kremlin spokespeople repeated the official line that Russia can't and
shouldn't comment on the choice of the American people. They also took
pleasure in repeating the joke that, facing the problem of having to
recount votes in Florida, the Americans turned to Russian electoral
officials for help. The result was that in a matter of hours, Vladimir
Putin took the lead.

While many in Russia took the whole affair of the vote recount with a pinch
of irony, not many seriously agreed with head of the Central Electoral
Committee Alexander Veshnyakov's statement that this demonstrated the
superiority of the Russian direct election system over the U.S. two-tier
system.

"Obviously, since the American electoral system was created 200 years ago,
it's a bit archaic, but I think things won't go beyond a burst of
discussion on improving it," Nikonov said.

"The American system is like a Formula One race where two cars are nose to
nose and you need a photo finish to determine the winner; and the Russian
system is like free races on Minsk Shosse, where anyone who wants can
participate, but you've got a motorcade roaring through with lights
flashing, and traffic cops always stopping everyone else."

The Communist Party's Andreyev said that if Russia had any experience it
could share with America, it was his party's experience in fighting
election fraud.

"This chaos when it comes to vote counting is a scandal over there, but it
happens here every time we have elections," Andreyev said. "A lot of people
are surprised to see that there too, you can have boxes turn up with votes
that haven't been counted. We could share our experience in fighting
election fraud. We've got more experience than anyone else."

ABC Posted Results One Day Before Election

<http://www.devvy.com/votefraud_20000710.html>

February 24, 2000
Jim Condit Jr., Director Citizens for a Fair Vote Count
<http://www.votefraud.org/>

ABC Posted Results One Day Before Election

For a complete change of pace, today we have an article written right after
the 1998 November election by yours truly. I want to intersperse analysis
of the current election melodrama with the massive documentation in our
files that something is wrong and it's not in Denmark!
Being on this e-wire list is meant to be a home study course on the fair
elections issue. Here's the article about the incredible ABC glitch on the
day BEFORE the November, 1998 elections.

Original article title: ABC Almost Drops Its Mask By Posting Election
Results 12 Hours BEFORE the Voting
Begins

Original article subtitle: ABC, CBS, NBC, and CNN are the Foremost Enemies
of Honest Elections

Election Was Pre-Programmed!

In another incredible snafu, ABC News posted state by state election
results for the 1998 mid-term Congressional elections on Monday night
November 2nd about 12 hours before the Tuesday voting even began!
The election results were a test which was "erroneously" posted on ABC's
worldwide internet site, according to an ABC spokesmen. "It wasn't our
finest hour," Michelle Bergman, manager of communications for ABC.com told
the Associated Press.
The "election results" were quickly pulled when The Drudge Report and other
internet news organizations began to have a hay day making fun of ABC's
dilemma. Bob Djurdjevic of the reputable Truth in Media (TiM) report,
cracked that ABC had added "The Lord" to its line-up of network commentators.
But before ABC could act to retract its global goof, countless internet
sites had already "mirrored" the
never-supposed-to-be seen information. (Citizen's for a Fair Vote Count has
a hard copy of the ABC "test" run in our files.)
In fact, it is widely believed that someone from among the computer
technicians and engineers, who had gone on strike against ABC hours before,
had thrown the pre-programmed election results up on the website to
embarrass ABC management.
This is at least the second time ABC has been caught with truly
"incredible" foreknowledge of election results. In 1984 a Dr. Singer in
Colorado intercepted on his satellite dish a full blown dress rehearsal of
the Reagan-Mondale election on the Sunday evening before the election!
(This article and the original clip in 1985 in Parade Magazine will be
carried in a future Network America e-wire. For library researchers, you
can find this article in Parade Magazine, January 6, 1985 issue)  It WAS a
Test, but . . .
Now, it is important not to go overboard in drawing conclusions from ABC's
fortuitous faux pas.
It does not, it itself, prove that the election is entirely fixed in every
important detail (as Citizens for a Fair Vote
Count believes is actually the case). BUT, it does prove beyond a shadow of
a doubt that numbers and final results for all key races have been
pre-programmed into computers before the first real vote in the election
has even been cast.
So what? So if one set of numbers can be pre-programmed into the computers
as a "test", another set can be
pre-programmed in as the "final results" to be unveiled on Election night,
after the manipulated Big Media public opinion polls and phony election day
"exit polls" (both also conducted by the Big Media) have prepared the
public mind for such "final results."
With all those honest blue collar and white collar employees working at ABC
and the other Big networks both during the Monday pre-election test AND
during the Tuesday Election night, the Media Moguls couldn't throw up the
exact same numbers it would be too obvious that everything was fixed. But
maybe after 25 years of "success" in overseeing computerized elections, our
high-tech Rulers are getting a little lazy and only changing a few of the
numbers for the Monday night test? You decide:
      Some of ABC's Election Eve "Test" Results were amazingly Accurate
"Once again," wrote Dean McCullough, a reporter for Wired, an important
computer magazine, "the Net had it first, this time by accident."
Ingrid Rimland posted on her internet Zundelsite
(webcom.com/ezundel/english) an article by Adam Clayton Powell III: ABC
News' Election Eve 'Net' "Mistake".
Powell skewered ABC mercilessly on the day after the Tuesday election:
"With almost all election districts reporting, those phony ABC News test
numbers on Monday accurately matched the outcomes of the Senate and
governor races in 61 of 70 contests 87%. It would be difficult to find a
political analyst, pundit, or bookie who even came close.
"While every major analyst on Sunday was predicting the Republicans would
pick up anywhere from one to four Senate seats this week, ABC's test
numbers on Monday had it right on the money: a 55-45 GOP-Democrat split,
for no net change.
"Even more remarkable, in some of the most closely watched contests, ABC
News election eve "test" numbers matched the final count almost precisely
within one percentage point.
"In the Florida Governor's race, Jeb Bush beat Buddy McKay by 55% to 45%
the exact final result rehearsed by ABC News on Monday night. In Texas,
Jeb's brother George won by 69% to Mauro's 30% the very result used in the
ABC rehearsal on Monday. "ABC News rehearsal numbers also matched the exact
final results to within one percentage point in the governors' races in
Alabama, Colorado, Wisconsin and Wyoming."
Rimland returned to comment: "I well remember the agonies of Statistics 101
... As I remember my lessons, the galaxies would not have sufficed to
explain the outcomes cited [i.e. the accuracy of ABC's 'test' numbers on
Monday night when compared to the final 'results' on Tuesday night."]

The Pollsters: Outcome Online Before Voting Is Done

<http://www.udel.edu/poscir/road/spring2000/mm/earlypollsonline.htm>

The New York Times Company
February 23, 2000, Wednesday, Late Edition - Final
Section A; Page 16; Column 4; National Desk
THE 2000 CAMPAIGN: THE POLLSTERS; Outcome Online Before Voting Is Done
By PETER MARKS

"John McCain 48 percent; George W. Bush 46 percent," said the story about
the Michigan primary on Slate, the online magazine.
What was unusual about the story was not the who, what or why, but the
when: it was posted on Slate's Web site yesterday afternoon, several hours
before the polls in Michigan closed. The numbers were the early results of
the exit polls conducted yesterday at polling places across Michigan by an
organization run by the major television networks and The Associated Press.
The numbers, by mutual agreement of the news organizations, are supposed to
remain secret until the polls close so as not to have any influence on
voters who have not yet cast their ballots. But Slate says that the rampant
hinting on the television networks about the exit polls' contents on
various election days has made a farce of the agreement.
"Why am I publishing exit poll numbers before the polls close?" the Slate
writer, Jack Shafer, asked on Friday, in one of several pieces he has
posted on the subject. "Because the exit poll embargo that the media
observes is a big joke."
Mr. Shafer, who also released exit poll numbers early for the New Hampshire
and South Carolina primaries, wrote that the embargo "places a terrible
burden on reporters, who are paid to disseminate information and are rotten
at keeping secrets."
In a posting titled "Git Yer Early Exit Poll Numbers Here!" Mr. Shafer said
he would ask "friends, enemies and acquaintances in the media" who had
access to the data to give it to him.
The exit polls the networks and leading newspapers use all come from a
single surveying organization, the Voter News Service, based in New York
and administered by a consortium consisting of ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, Fox and
The Associated Press.
Other news organizations, including The New York Times, are subscribers. A
representative of one member of the governing consortium, who spoke on
condition of anonymity, said Voter News Service's lawyers had sent two
letters to Slate, calling the postings an unauthorized use and demanding
that they be withdrawn.
Lee C. Shapiro, director of media services for the Voter News Service, said
the organization would have no comment. Michael Kinsley, editor of Slate,
could not be reached last night.
Indeed, the competition among the networks, particularly the 24-hour news
channels on cable, has become so fierce that primary races tend to be
called the instant the polls close, if not a few minutes earlier. The early
calls have some in the news business worried. "What's wrong with it is,
we've agreed not to do it," said John Ellis, head of the decision desk for
the Fox News Channel.
Last night, the race proved so tight that the networks waited until the
polls had been closed for 30 minutes to call the Republican race in
Michigan. At 8:34 p.m., for instance, the Fox News Channel called the race
for Senator McCain. In its projection of his Michigan victory, a graphic
flashed with early estimates of his share of the vote there: 48 percent,
just as Mr. Shafer had reported.
----
[addendum:]

Voter News Service
A pool of ABC News, CBS News, CNN, FOX News, NBC
News and the Associated Press that collects, tabulates and
disseminates vote returns, exit poll data and projections of
presidential primaries and state and national elections.
Contact: Lee C. Shapiro, 212.947.7280
Fax: 212.947.7756
E-mail: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Linked stories:
                         ********************
Palm Beach voter class action
(Horowitz v. LePore) [PDF]
<http://news.findlaw.com/cnn/docs/palmbeach/pbclassaction.pdf>

                         ********************
The first election suit
(Fladel v. Palm Beach County Canvassing Board) [PDF]
<http://news.findlaw.com/cnn/docs/palmbeach/fladelpbccmplnt.pdf>

California Internet Voting Task Force
<http://www.ss.ca.gov/executive/ivote/appendix_a.htm#appendixa-5>
Technical Committee Recommendations

"Anarchy doesn't mean out of control. It means out of 'their' control."
         -Jim Dodge
send appropriate email to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.