-Caveat Lector-

Years ago, before unicorns were cutesy cartoons on greeting cards, I looked
up the word in the World Book encyclopedia.  The edition was 1957 -- if I
remember the year correctly...  anyway, the World Book said that the word
'unicorn' was once written throughout the Bible, but was later substituted
with the words 'wild oxen'.

Later, for an Art History class project, I researched why David, the
sculptor, portrayed Moses with horns.  Apparently the Hebrew word for horns
also meant 'beams', but the Greek translation of that time used the word
'horns' instead, leading David to put horns on the head of his masterpiece.

With all the translations, translations of the translations and probable
mistranslations of mistranslations, I don't know how anyone could claim
that the Bible is the actual 'Word of God'.  But it has been a handy
instrument of social control throughout the ages.

BTW, there's a great deal of Thomas Beardon's material on Steven Greer's
CSETI website.

    ~ /\/\